IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New 16" at 5 pm; still snowing; get to shovel a 3rd time in AM.
New If this happened oh, say ... about every two years
for a week: sounds like great fun!

(But I'd hate to have to take the Acura Plutocrat out in all that salt-infested slush, just to get the fish heads and rice, y'know?)

I'd hope that most folks living in such climes have handy a '53 Plymouth for travail travel during such weather.
Seems absurd to expose a modrin $25K+ transport to such a chemically destructive milieu.
Unless some fanatics have a drive-over spray-wash after every errand?
New Re: undercarriage wash
When we bought the mini-van, we gave the '95 Lincoln Continental to my parents. They drive it for a bit over a year, then it needed brakes. While it was up on the lift, the mechanic told them, "If I try to fix anything down there, things are going to start breaking off."

My dad is/was a mechanic, so he took a look and the guy wasn't kidding. The bottom of the car was a solid block of rust, held together by road grime and ancient grease. There were very few bolts that you could still attach a socket, and if you went at it with vice grips you'd just start breaking things.

They traded it in.
--

Drew
New It seems to be on a ~10-20 year cycle here.
I remember moving in January 1996, just after a huge storm. That was a fun time... ;-)

http://en.wikipedia...._blizzard_of_1996

Cheers,
Scott.
(Who is staying off the roads for now - the ones in our neighborhood are covered with about 2" of compacted slush.)

Look at all the pretty colors... - (Another Scott) - (5)
         Neat. 2" more in the time it took to shovel the walks. :-/ - (Another Scott) - (4)
             16" at 5 pm; still snowing; get to shovel a 3rd time in AM. -NT - (Another Scott) - (3)
                 If this happened oh, say ... about every two years - (Ashton) - (2)
                     Re: undercarriage wash - (drook)
                     It seems to be on a ~10-20 year cycle here. - (Another Scott)

I'm trying to figure out what the proportion of "friendliness" to "menace" is in that post.
45 ms