IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I noticed that on the "About" page
And I'll be damned if I can figure out what's doing it. I know why those columns move left, and I'm not too worried about it. But for some reason several DOM boxes are overlapping that shouldn't be, and the contents of some of the boxes are set about 15px to the left of their containers.

By the way, Firebug is my favorite new dev tool. I don't know how I ever did CSS without it. And I definitely couldn't have developed against a WordPress framework without it. But even with Firebug, I can't find what's doing the odd left-shift magic.
--

Drew
New I've got FireBug loaded, but haven't even played with it
Unfortunately, most HTML is black magic to me.

I hope it's not too tough to diagnose. Good luck!

Cheers,
Scott.
New Is it an "aside" issue?
I know almost nothing about this stuff, so I wouldn't be surprised if this was irrelevant, but I came across this and thought I'd pass it along in case it helps:

http://html5doctor.com/aside-revisited/

[...]

Examples of aside in two different contexts

With the new definition of aside, it’s crucial to remain aware of its context. When used within an article element, the contents should be specifically related to that article (e.g., a glossary). When used outside of an article element, the contents should be related to the site (e.g., a blogroll, groups of additional navigation, and even advertising if that content is related to the page).

The two uses of aside can be best illustrated with an example:

[...]

I don't see an "article" element on the About page. Dunno if the parser is getting confused or something... :-/

HTH a little.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Nope ... but I've got it fixed now
It's the way various div floats interacted with each other. I need to nest a non-floating div inside a floating-div. I've still got some things not lining up exactly right, but you need to hold a ruler up to the screen to notice it. (I don't need to hold a ruler up to the screen, but I'm weird like that.)
--

Drew
New Looks good.
     About to switch to new host, anyone got time to poke it? - (drook) - (13)
         Poked it a little. - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
             What browser/OS? -NT - (drook) - (1)
                 Firefox 2.0.0.12 on OS/2 - (Andrew Grygus)
         Looks purty on Safari/OS X - (Ashton) - (2)
             Easy: I didn't - (drook) - (1)
                 PHP stuffs. - (static)
         A few things on a quick look around. - (Another Scott) - (5)
             I noticed that on the "About" page - (drook) - (4)
                 I've got FireBug loaded, but haven't even played with it - (Another Scott)
                 Is it an "aside" issue? - (Another Scott) - (2)
                     Nope ... but I've got it fixed now - (drook) - (1)
                         Looks good. -NT - (Another Scott)
         Just pulled the trigger - (drook)

Blessed are those who expect nothing, for never shall they be disappointed.
46 ms