IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Why did I have to click that link?
Whenever I marked this forum read last time, I didn't set it far enough in the future. And now I accidentally click into it to find this thread.

But since I'm here, let me ask something.
Since most of the growth was artificially created by the government and is finance related, it is best to wait to see if it actually is real growth.
So any growth created by the government doesn't count, by definition? If so, you've defined away the possibility of effective government intervention. But you don't seem to mind giving the government credit for a downturn. Why is that?

Or are you saying that finance related growth doesn't count? Because if that's true, we'd need to discount all finance related growth in the prior expansion. (Don't forget to also discount any economic activity driven by that artificial finance related growth.) Do that and tell me where the "real" peak was. And whether that peak was above or below where we are now.

Then explain why, after missing the housing bubble for the better part of a decade, "a majority of people knowledgeable in the field" should still be trusted to define what is and is not a recession.

And for bonus points, explain why the line, "Expansion is the normal state of the economy," isn't flagrant wish fulfillment. (AKA total bullshit.)
--

Drew
New Twisted form of self-abuse, perhaps?
So any growth created by the government doesn't count, by definition?

Not a matter of counting..it counts. Is it sustainable or is it a 1 and done?

Then explain why, after missing the housing bubble for the better part of a decade, "a majority of people knowledgeable in the field" should still be trusted to define what is and is not a recession.
or trusted to agree when its over (sort of my point in the very beginning...with some FOBO telling me that "everyone" agrees its over.)

As to your last point, we'll reach your tipping point when we stop makin babies on a global scale.
I will choose a path that's clear. I will choose freewill.
New just when you think you are out.....
stimulous by lending money at the discount window for less than 1% then allowing the lendees to buy treasuries at 3.5% doesnt add any jobs but makes for a nice botttom line. Bonuses will be paid and spent hopefully stimulating some real growth. That is the wait and see part.

Who missed the housing crisis? I was whining about that bubble for many years before the crash, maybe you picked up on it back then, who knows?

A lot of people have msceios doesnt mean they know shit about computers but they all sit on standards committees creating rfc's that write the definitions. Sometimes you have to agree on what to agree on.

expansion is the normal state of the economy, otherwise people will move to an expanding economy, leaving the sick one behind. See westward expansion, crusades, vikings romans etc

The recession is over! - (beepster) - (21)
         TV reporting at its best. - (Another Scott) - (9)
             BS - (beepster) - (8)
                 Define some terms for me, then. - (Another Scott) - (7)
                     Definitions - (beepster)
                     recession - (boxley) - (5)
                         'Knowledgeable in the field' - (Ashton) - (1)
                             Woohoo! :-) -NT - (beepster)
                         Why did I have to click that link? - (drook) - (2)
                             Twisted form of self-abuse, perhaps? - (beepster)
                             just when you think you are out..... - (boxley)
         Let's try again. - (Another Scott) - (6)
             you are polling cheerleaders - (boxley)
             Thats nice for them. - (beepster) - (4)
                 So what should Summers have said? - (Another Scott) - (3)
                     Phrasing - (beepster) - (2)
                         It had Better BE.. - (Ashton) - (1)
                             pigs in brick ovens, hmmm -NT - (boxley)
         Hey now... - (folkert) - (3)
             Good for him. - (beepster) - (2)
                 Stop! - (folkert) - (1)
                     :-) -NT - (beepster)

Super-size it!
61 ms