IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New yes, they whine on dslreports.com sometimes
again the abuse desk doesnt just get involved "just because" they have to be causing issues for the neighbors before anyone really gets their panties in a wad
New No not really.
Comcast has begun to push these limits on everyone.

Its been hurting horribly in the evenings.

7PM - 11PM Eastern time around here is the bad time. Its not just me.

Comcast has seen call volume up by 25 times "normal" amounts.

So, you think they worked it out well?
New ah, thanks for proving my point
limits on bandwidth hurts the neighbors, so you all sure that you need net neutrality with no limits?
New I'm not even close to the throttle limit or cap...
and neither is anyone on my street or even this area of town, yet we all are being forced to have problems with this "cap system"

Either I don;t understand you or you are talking out of the side of your mouth or both.

In the *REAL* world, the implementation they have is so badly made (causing overloads on the DHCP, tftpd, QAM and provisioning systems its not even funny. Nothing like prototyping on a miniscule system and dropping out to millions of homes.

From what I hear you saying:

UNICORNS do exist and the throttling is good for everyone.

Explain to me *why* you think I proved your point? As far as I can see, Net Neutrality shoudl be about equal access to equivalent services. IOW, why do I have to use Comcast's Youtube mirror when I want to use the same one everyone else is using. And why do I get "unfettered" access to Giganews where as other usenet services are severely crunched? Why is it that *IF* I chose to use Netflix streaming service vs Comcast's streaming service do I get hammered. Huh? Please, inform me.
New greg, I cant speak for comcast, are you using docsis 3?
I use comcast at home, 2 hd tvs on all the time have several machines on the net and levi is around so youtube and the playstation is constantly downloading gigs of shyte with no issues or errors except the occasional loss of dns at 6pm weekdays. It doesnt appear to have any issues at my home. Dont know why your market is different
New It's different all over.
Down here our network guy (brilliant guy, very very knowledgeable) swears by AT&T's cable modem offering.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New Its not just DNS....
I use my OWN DNS server and Google's.

They are blocking and trying to inline DNS requests.

Docsis v3 isn't quite supported here yet, the equipment and the cable lines here are 25 year plus old... and are getting cranky causing tons of bad things.
New Where do you get the "no limits" part?
A quick Google on said phrase turns up nothing. The only thing that happened so far was a decision that said they couldn't restrict P2P.

And there is absolutely no need for the idiotic system Comcast is trotting out now. Lots of ISPs the planet over seem to have no problem limiting individuals without clamping the rest of the neighborhood.

I have no problem whatsoever with a cap, as long as it is clearly advertised (i.e you can make a fully informed decision. A free marketeer should not have a problem with that, no?) And here is where things go off the rails. Not only do they not advertise it, just like ATT, they keep digging their own grave by advertising solely on speed and pushing bandwidth hungry applications on a network that clearly can't handle it (and neither does the operator).

Ars: Bandwidth Hogs are like Unicorns. - (Another Scott) - (19)
         Fallout from Comcast's 250GB cap enforement - (folkert)
         maybe this will help - (boxley) - (17)
             So you've *seen* the unicorn?! - (drook) - (8)
                 yes, they whine on dslreports.com sometimes - (boxley) - (7)
                     No not really. - (folkert) - (6)
                         ah, thanks for proving my point - (boxley) - (5)
                             I'm not even close to the throttle limit or cap... - (folkert) - (3)
                                 greg, I cant speak for comcast, are you using docsis 3? - (boxley) - (2)
                                     It's different all over. - (malraux)
                                     Its not just DNS.... - (folkert)
                             Where do you get the "no limits" part? - (scoenye)
             Interesting, but misses the point. - (Another Scott) - (7)
                 have to what? you dont like it use someone else - (boxley) - (6)
                     Here you go, hope you've got plenty of time to read - (drook) - (5)
                         I said not treated, didnt say free by health insurance - (boxley) - (4)
                             Free clinics do transplants? - (drook) - (1)
                                 st judes, shriners etc keep trying - (boxley)
                             You really believe everyone gets treatment? - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                 what is the cure for lupus? Lupus sufferers would like that -NT - (boxley)

It was Plato, after all, who wrote that the pinnacle of human inquiry was the listicle.
129 ms