IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Interesting, but misses the point.
The point of the article was that you have to demonstrate there is a problem if you want to claim there's a problem that needs solving. If the "hogs" are doing their huge downloads when most customers are asleep, and if there's no impact on the rest of the customers, then what's the problem? Simply saying that 5% of the customers download 75% (or whatever) of the packets doesn't mean that that 5% is impacting the rest of the users or the network as a whole.

ISPs need to show more data if they want to convince educated users that throttling is necessary.

Cheers,
Scott.
New have to what? you dont like it use someone else
show me an actual person who cannot get treated for a condition in this country. Then say you need to fix healthcare
New Here you go, hope you've got plenty of time to read
http://www.google.co...insurance+company
--

Drew
New I said not treated, didnt say free by health insurance
If these people didnt get treated by someone they are not in the US or didnt show up at the available public access clinics or emergency rooms
New Free clinics do transplants?
Besides which, medical care that leads to bankruptcy is a negative outcome.
--

Drew
New st judes, shriners etc keep trying
besides I have health insurance and am ineligible for a transplant so whats yer point? Not everyone that needs one can get one unless it involves india and bathtubs filled with ice
New You really believe everyone gets treatment?
If so, you need to start reading different news sites.

http://kristof.blogs...lth-care/?apage=7

My Sunday column looks at health care reform through the prism of Nikki White, a young woman from Tennessee. She became too sick with Lupus to work — and then lost her health insurance, and then died because of lack of medical care. We may know intellectually that 18,000 Americans die each year because they don’t have insurance, but to confront one such person is still heartbreaking. And I just can’t believe that we will let this opportunity for health reform slip through our fingers, so that Americans like Nikki continue to die needlessly every 30 minutes.

[...]

More on Nikki here: http://www.post-gaze...339/743713-84.stm

HTH.

Cheers,
Scott.
New what is the cure for lupus? Lupus sufferers would like that
     Ars: Bandwidth Hogs are like Unicorns. - (Another Scott) - (19)
         Fallout from Comcast's 250GB cap enforement - (folkert)
         maybe this will help - (boxley) - (17)
             So you've *seen* the unicorn?! - (drook) - (8)
                 yes, they whine on dslreports.com sometimes - (boxley) - (7)
                     No not really. - (folkert) - (6)
                         ah, thanks for proving my point - (boxley) - (5)
                             I'm not even close to the throttle limit or cap... - (folkert) - (3)
                                 greg, I cant speak for comcast, are you using docsis 3? - (boxley) - (2)
                                     It's different all over. - (malraux)
                                     Its not just DNS.... - (folkert)
                             Where do you get the "no limits" part? - (scoenye)
             Interesting, but misses the point. - (Another Scott) - (7)
                 have to what? you dont like it use someone else - (boxley) - (6)
                     Here you go, hope you've got plenty of time to read - (drook) - (5)
                         I said not treated, didnt say free by health insurance - (boxley) - (4)
                             Free clinics do transplants? - (drook) - (1)
                                 st judes, shriners etc keep trying - (boxley)
                             You really believe everyone gets treatment? - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                 what is the cure for lupus? Lupus sufferers would like that -NT - (boxley)

Be still, my beating heart.
99 ms