IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New The linksys "easy setup" software was crap
fought with it for a bit then used the web interface.

Basically turned off encryptionto see if it would connect that way, which it did. Then set up the SSID to Smith, instead of the default Linksys, and turned back on encryption. Worked, but the MacBook was extremely sluggish even though my MacBookPro was speeding right along. Then changed the channel from 11 to 1 and the poor performance cleared up - so I suspect all the neighbors' WiFi routers were defaulted to 11.

Only thing I did on her MacBook was to show her Exposé and turned on Spaces.
Expand Edited by SpiceWare Nov. 10, 2009, 09:57:40 AM EST
New Re: The linksys "easy setup" software was crap
Just for drill I tried using that once. I've set up probably more than 60 of those things, and the first thing I do is heave the CD into the nearest circular file.
New What CD is that?
Never had one work with Linux except the web interface.
New Data points:
The Netgear and Buffalo ones are shite, too.
New Re: The linksys "easy setup" software was crap
Thanks ;-)

And sorry about waking you up this morning.

"Chicago to my mind was the only place to be. ... I above all liked the city because it was filled with people all a-bustle, and the clatter of hooves and carriages, and with delivery wagons and drays and peddlers and the boom and clank of freight trains. And when those black clouds came sailing in from the west, pouring thunderstorms upon us so that you couldn't hear the cries or curses of humankind, I liked that best of all. Chicago could stand up to the worst God had to offer. I understood why it was built--a place for trade, of course, with railroads and ships and so on, but mostly to give all of us a magnitude of defiance that is not provided by one house on the plains. And the plains is where those storms come from."

-- E.L. Doctorow
     Tearing my hair out in frustration - (lincoln) - (14)
         Buy a Buffalo. -NT - (malraux) - (1)
             ^^ this. -NT - (pwhysall)
         any other WiFi hardware to test your router with? - (SpiceWare) - (3)
             Re: any other WiFi hardware to test your router with? - (lincoln) - (2)
                 That's a possibility - (SpiceWare) - (1)
                     it will be greatly appreciated - (lincoln)
         HURRAH FOR SPICEWARE!!! - (lincoln) - (7)
             So... - (folkert) - (1)
                 I'll try better next time - (SpiceWare)
             The linksys "easy setup" software was crap - (SpiceWare) - (4)
                 Re: The linksys "easy setup" software was crap - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
                     What CD is that? - (folkert)
                     Data points: - (pwhysall)
                 Re: The linksys "easy setup" software was crap - (lincoln)

The spice must flow.
58 ms