IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New How convenient
I used to have a boss like that.
Nice general high level descriptions.
He sure looked smart when he could even use them in the correct context.

You want to be a bit more specific - ON THE CLIENT SIDE!
New I KNOW!
Use a PHP script for it!
New start here
http://www.enterpris...doc/devguide.html
all the customer needs to do (from your description) is non tech people need to easily upload a large file to you, so a browser based app would
ask what file the customer wishes to send including how to find it (attachement function generic)
click "yes this is the file I weant to send"
browser client needs to tell customer status of upload (activity bar) and a notification of when it is finished (pop box "we're done!")
now get a little fancier and provide a toolbar icon and make the whole thing a plugin.
does that help a little bit?
New Help a lot
Thanks
New That's a possibility...
others include (not limited to...):

building a shell script (.bat file) to upload the files. Put an icon on their desktop and anything in the SendToXYZ folder gets uploaded.

a web page that lives locally (file:\c:whatever) that loads the file up (give them the ability to browse for the file)

a small program that does the connection for ftp. Either java/C#/C++, etc. Again, it's an icon on their desktop.

New No icons
No desktops.

Web users.
     PHP upload widget/library? - (crazy) - (23)
         Re: PHP upload widget/library? - (folkert) - (22)
             Oh, that's not the issue. - (crazy) - (21)
                 For EXT2 and older filesystems... - (folkert)
                 That's a very very very big file. - (static) - (19)
                     Yup - (crazy) - (18)
                         I'd be looking at an SFTP or SCP solution. -NT - (static) - (17)
                             same here -NT - (boxley)
                             I wish - (crazy) - (15)
                                 Is chopping up the file into < 2 GB chunks an option? - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                     Unlikely - (crazy)
                                 You can bet on that - (scoenye) - (1)
                                     Other way around - (crazy)
                                 a place I used to work used sftp to send files - (boxley) - (10)
                                     Been there, done that - (crazy) - (9)
                                         I'd seriously consider - (Mycroft_Holmes_Iv) - (8)
                                             How would you handle the client side? - (crazy) - (7)
                                                 build a web based wrapper for it. -NT - (boxley) - (6)
                                                     How convenient - (crazy) - (5)
                                                         I KNOW! - (folkert)
                                                         start here - (boxley) - (3)
                                                             Help a lot - (crazy)
                                                             That's a possibility... - (Mycroft_Holmes_Iv) - (1)
                                                                 No icons - (crazy)

Too busy performing brain surgery on sick children to respond, sorry.
65 ms