IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New You can bet on that
Yesterday, I was about to comment on the 20 x 10GB/day load you were expecting, but then figured this was on a LAN.

That would be a sustained 23 Mb/s for 24 hours straight.

Even if your download speeds allow it, the uploader better have deep pockets...

New Other way around
Office with 2 net connections, no idea how fast.

Server in the server room,I have to process these files by sending them offsite (via internet) to service provider who does stuff with them, and sends them back. So triple the actual usage. Oh, and the the final files have to be sent back to the client via ftp pushes or web pickup. Quadruple it.

Current usage has client or us ftp slinging these around already, but current usage is about 30GB per week.

So:
#1: Let the curent clients upload them via self-serve website.
#2: As we add clients, add bandwidth as needed. The additional processing will pay for it, or, I'll move to a cohosted box that has cheaper bandwidth.

All my stuff is running in VMWare instances (both Linux and Windows), so the physical location should not matter.
     PHP upload widget/library? - (crazy) - (23)
         Re: PHP upload widget/library? - (folkert) - (22)
             Oh, that's not the issue. - (crazy) - (21)
                 For EXT2 and older filesystems... - (folkert)
                 That's a very very very big file. - (static) - (19)
                     Yup - (crazy) - (18)
                         I'd be looking at an SFTP or SCP solution. -NT - (static) - (17)
                             same here -NT - (boxley)
                             I wish - (crazy) - (15)
                                 Is chopping up the file into < 2 GB chunks an option? - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                     Unlikely - (crazy)
                                 You can bet on that - (scoenye) - (1)
                                     Other way around - (crazy)
                                 a place I used to work used sftp to send files - (boxley) - (10)
                                     Been there, done that - (crazy) - (9)
                                         I'd seriously consider - (Mycroft_Holmes_Iv) - (8)
                                             How would you handle the client side? - (crazy) - (7)
                                                 build a web based wrapper for it. -NT - (boxley) - (6)
                                                     How convenient - (crazy) - (5)
                                                         I KNOW! - (folkert)
                                                         start here - (boxley) - (3)
                                                             Help a lot - (crazy)
                                                             That's a possibility... - (Mycroft_Holmes_Iv) - (1)
                                                                 No icons - (crazy)

Even the hydrocoptic marzelvane came up with a null...
84 ms