IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Yup, saw it coming
Point and click vendor techs are the most dangerous thing you can let loose in your server room.
New I have no direct experience with Hitachi...
... but their equipment is at the very high end of the scale. I doubt they would be sending in point and click techs to work on it.

(Closest I came was in '05, back in Belgium, working for a city hospital. We put out a public bid for a fully redundant SAN installation. We were drooling over the specs of their entry. Hitachi was then trying to get beyond the mainframe/supercomputer market, so the price was absolute killer. Unfortunately for them (and us), their partner vendor submitted the bid a day late...)
New EMC is as good as hitachi
and yes they do send in point and click techs
New I have buddy that for for HDS
He wasn't in implementation or service, but always spoke highly of their field staff. I got the impression there were some pretty impressively smart people working there.
     rofl microsoft - (boxley) - (20)
         Check how the business press reports it - (crazy)
         Blame shifted to Hitachi - (scoenye) - (18)
             I was afriad of that.... - (folkert) - (17)
                 not so fast, with SAN connectivity getting smarter - (boxley) - (12)
                     Not so fast yourself... - (folkert) - (11)
                         YOU do I ADVOCATE that, doesnt mean that it happens -NT - (boxley) - (9)
                             Re: YOU do I ADVOCATE that, doesnt mean that it happens - (folkert) - (1)
                                 Saved in several places -NT - (boxley)
                             inexcusable - (Steve Lowe) - (6)
                                 Little harsh there, don't you think? - (drook) - (3)
                                     I think it was right on... - (folkert)
                                     Well played, sir. :-) -NT - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                         Oh dude... did he zing me or what? - (folkert)
                                 That should be "'hanged' from the nearest yardarm" . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
                                 rman to a different array than database - (daemon)
                         Test? You're supposed to test? - (jbrabeck)
                 Yup, saw it coming - (crazy) - (3)
                     I have no direct experience with Hitachi... - (scoenye) - (2)
                         EMC is as good as hitachi - (boxley)
                         I have buddy that for for HDS - (Steve Lowe)

Eschew obfuscation.
86 ms