IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: YOU do I ADVOCATE that, doesnt mean that it happens
So, that means lost data eventually.

Plan for worst case and implement worst scenario recovery plans.

Plus, if you don't test regularly...

Backups are like Expensive insurance. You hate to spend money on it, hate to devote time to it, hate to have to have. But when all else fails and backups are there and save all of your customer's data... You'll be glad you had it.

Sort of like going with "no-fault" only on a 2010 Mercedes Benz 500SEL. If you crash it, you are stuck fixing it yourself and slowly and at great cost. If you had full coverage, you might even get a new 2010 to replace it. Almost as if nothing happened.

First time you have catastrophic Data loss, you better make sure you've archived *ALL* of your advice and be able to prove people off-put it, other wise... its your ass.
New Saved in several places
     rofl microsoft - (boxley) - (20)
         Check how the business press reports it - (crazy)
         Blame shifted to Hitachi - (scoenye) - (18)
             I was afriad of that.... - (folkert) - (17)
                 not so fast, with SAN connectivity getting smarter - (boxley) - (12)
                     Not so fast yourself... - (folkert) - (11)
                         YOU do I ADVOCATE that, doesnt mean that it happens -NT - (boxley) - (9)
                             Re: YOU do I ADVOCATE that, doesnt mean that it happens - (folkert) - (1)
                                 Saved in several places -NT - (boxley)
                             inexcusable - (Steve Lowe) - (6)
                                 Little harsh there, don't you think? - (drook) - (3)
                                     I think it was right on... - (folkert)
                                     Well played, sir. :-) -NT - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                         Oh dude... did he zing me or what? - (folkert)
                                 That should be "'hanged' from the nearest yardarm" . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
                                 rman to a different array than database - (daemon)
                         Test? You're supposed to test? - (jbrabeck)
                 Yup, saw it coming - (crazy) - (3)
                     I have no direct experience with Hitachi... - (scoenye) - (2)
                         EMC is as good as hitachi - (boxley)
                         I have buddy that for for HDS - (Steve Lowe)

Well, all right then.
54 ms