IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I don't need to.
sanderson@sanderson:~$ host cooklikeyourgrandmother.com
cooklikeyourgrandmother.com has address 64.29.151.221
cooklikeyourgrandmother.com mail is handled by 110 mx3c40.carrierzone.com.
cooklikeyourgrandmother.com mail is handled by 100 mx2c40.carrierzone.com.
cooklikeyourgrandmother.com mail is handled by 10 mx1c40.carrierzone.com.

sanderson@sanderson:~$ host blog.cooklikeyourgrandmother.com
Host blog.cooklikeyourgrandmother.com.bdg.local not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)

They're idiots. You knew this already, of course.

sanderson@sanderson:~$ host kegmobile.com
kegmobile.com has address 64.29.151.221
kegmobile.com mail is handled by 100 mx2c40.carrierzone.com.
kegmobile.com mail is handled by 10 mx1c40.carrierzone.com.
kegmobile.com mail is handled by 110 mx3c40.carrierzone.com.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New And from home it's the other way 'round.
bigberet:~ anderson$ host blog.cooklikeyourgrandmother.com
blog.cooklikeyourgrandmother.com is an alias for ghs.google.com.
ghs.google.com is an alias for ghs.l.google.com.
ghs.l.google.com has address 74.125.95.121

bigberet:~ anderson$ host cooklikeyourgrandmother.com
Regards,
-scott
New And now?
I switched to DNS Made Easy last night. You seeing it now? (Just for the cooklikeyourgrandmother site, haven't done kegmobile yet.)
--

Drew
New WOOT! Everything looks right!
I went through and checked all of your entries, including your SOA and NS.

SWEET!

Not so hard, eh? The interface is simple, yet effective.
New Re: And now?
From home:

bigberet:~ anderson$ host blog.cooklikeyourgrandmother.com

bigberet:~ anderson$ host cooklikeyourgrandmother.com

From work:

sanderson@sanderson:~$ host blog.cooklikeyourgrandmother.com

sanderson@sanderson:~$ host cooklikeyourgrandmother.com
Regards,
-scott
New Cool, thanks
--

Drew
New I can't find that article I mentioned
It was on a blogger's site, talking about all of the various things he had tried with ad positioning and so on.

Basically he came up with:

1) make sure you're using the context-specific functionality in Google adwords so the ads reflect the page/section,

2) put the ads left and top, and a few within the content itself (like between posts, I guess, or in the post text), because that's where people will actually use them.

He claimed to have gotten a good multiple income over his old configuration. I wish I could find the damned link, because there was quite a bit more to it.
Regards,
-scott
New Seen similar comparisons before
Basically people keep rediscovering that the more intrusive you make the advertising, the better your conversion percentage. What I haven't seen any of them talk about is whether they saw any impact on retention of regular readers after making the ads so annoying.
--

Drew
New ezBoard might have some data. :-/
They may not want to share, though.

I don't know if you've seen this, but it might be helpful - a little calculator on what you "should" charge (scroll down).

http://onlineads.dig...sponsorships.html

Have fun. :-)

Cheers,
Scott.
New I like the math, but the income per visitor is way off
In some segments you might get $10/day off 1,000 visitors, but I never came close to that.
--

Drew
New Re: Seen similar comparisons before
Here are numbers from one person:

You can reasonably expect that when you begin commercializing a free site, some people will complain, depending on how you do it. I launched this site in October 2004, and I began putting Google Adsense ads on the site in February 2005. There were some complaints, but I expected that — it was really no big deal. Less than 1 in 5,000 visitors actually sent me negative feedback. Most people who sent feedback were surprisingly supportive. Most of the complaints died off within a few weeks, and the site began generating income almost immediately, although it was pretty low — a whopping $53 the first month. If you’d like to see some month-by-month specifics, I posted my 2005 Adsense revenue figures earlier this year. Adsense is still my single best source of revenue for this site, although it’s certainly not my only source.

http://www.stevepavl...y-from-your-blog/

And it's not necessarily intrusiveness. People naturally look at things on the top and left of a page (well, left-right top-down languages, I'm sure). The comparison I can't find talked about size and obnoxiousness of the ads didn't really matter. Contextual relevance and position did.
Regards,
-scott
New Position *is* obnoxiousness
Best converting ad position is "in content". In other words, in the middle of the article, there's a two-inch break for an ad. Totally disruptive. And the more it mimics the article layout, the better the conversion.
--

Drew
     Need Colo/VSP recommendation. - (mvitale) - (32)
         If you hadn't have said "cheap"... - (static)
         Re: Need Colo/VSP recommendation. - (jones) - (30)
             How do photo sites deal with bandwidth - (drook) - (29)
                 same way google does, oversubscription - (boxley)
                 Flickr and Yahoo - (jones) - (27)
                     Who would that be? - (drook) - (26)
                         Unmetered Bandwidth - (jones) - (25)
                             Thanks, checking them out now - (drook) - (24)
                                 Slightly OT - I can't see the blog host from here... - (malraux) - (23)
                                     Soon as I find a new host with good bandwidth ... - (drook) - (22)
                                         I can see the main site, but not the blog. - (malraux) - (21)
                                             Can't believe I'm about to ask this, but ... - (drook) - (20)
                                                 third retry, I got kegmobile.com - (folkert)
                                                 I don't need to. - (malraux) - (11)
                                                     And from home it's the other way 'round. - (malraux) - (10)
                                                         And now? - (drook) - (9)
                                                             WOOT! Everything looks right! - (folkert)
                                                             Re: And now? - (malraux) - (7)
                                                                 Cool, thanks -NT - (drook) - (6)
                                                                     I can't find that article I mentioned - (malraux) - (5)
                                                                         Seen similar comparisons before - (drook) - (4)
                                                                             ezBoard might have some data. :-/ - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                                                 I like the math, but the income per visitor is way off - (drook)
                                                                             Re: Seen similar comparisons before - (malraux) - (1)
                                                                                 Position *is* obnoxiousness - (drook)
                                                 Dude... - (folkert) - (6)
                                                     Check your email -NT - (drook) - (5)
                                                         Checked and replying... - (folkert) - (4)
                                                             Ahh, gmail was the first I found, I still had it in my inbox -NT - (drook) - (3)
                                                                 Sentededed. - (folkert) - (2)
                                                                     Will you be around tonight? - (drook) - (1)
                                                                         Sure. - (folkert)

Thank you, drive through.
142 ms