IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Interesting case on the limits of religious free speech
http://www.dallasnew...suit.3fb3560.html
Mikey Weinstein, founder of the Military Religious Freedom Foundation, said he wants Gordon Klingenschmitt, a former U.S. Navy chaplain, to "stop asking Jesus to plunder my fields ... seize my assets, kill me and my family then wipe away our descendants for 10 generations."

The suit also asks the court to stop the defendants – Klingenschmitt and Jim Ammerman, the founder of the Dallas-based Chaplaincy of Full Gospel Churches – from "encouraging, soliciting, directing, abetting or attempting to induce others to engage in similar conduct."

An interesting case that will hinge on the issue of when exactly a prayer becomes a threat. Unless Klingenschmitt gets caught with something more explicit then is mentioned here or can be tied to the violence, I think the case should fail and will end up failing in court. Just being a jerk isn't enough in cases like this, there has to be a fairly clear call for violence or support for the violence in some way.

Jay
New is it a named threat?
My new religion I just formed calls for all non believers to blow me whether they want to or not. I have developed several prayers to that end. That would be okay but if I start invoking those prayers with a specific individual being named is that sexual harassment or religion?
(of course I havnt subjected this religion to the unintended consequences test yet)
     Interesting case on the limits of religious free speech - (jay) - (1)
         is it a named threat? - (boxley)

Searching for a distant star, heading off to Iscandar!
42 ms