IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Key Caps is back under Snow Leotard (h/t boxley)!
How could I not have noticed this? In the menu bar toward the right-hand side of the screen there's a tiny icon that I assumed represented something to do with iCal, to which I seldom have recourse. Not so! Clicked, it brings up "Show Character Viewer" or "Show Keyboard Viewer," the latter behaving exactly like the beloved old "Key Caps" desk accessory from a quarter of a century ago. Huzzah!

keyboardially,

(Not that I hadn't long ago committed to memory the most important keystroke combinations, which have remained remarkably consistent for the past twenty-five years, but just this morning I had to fumble on the spousette's MacBook to summon forth the "section" and "paragraph" symbols, option-6 and -7 respectively, while she grumbled that her accustomed Windows convention of "alt-143" (or whatever) was far more intuitive. That sucker gets SL laid on it by the weekend)
New Bet we'll see the exact same icon on the iPad/iTablet/iBlah.
They said I was gullible ... and I believed them
New Re: Key Caps is back under Snow Leotard (h/t boxley)!
That's only been there since Panther, you know...

It just doesn't have the flag on it any more, if you only have one keyboard layout enabled.
New Ah!
Which is, I suppose, why I never stumbled across that bit of functionality before: "Yeah, yeah, my keyboard is set for 'U.S. English.' Big whoop." I may be late to the party, but I'm delighted to have found it.

cordially,
     Key Caps is back under Snow Leotard (h/t boxley)! - (rcareaga) - (3)
         Bet we'll see the exact same icon on the iPad/iTablet/iBlah. -NT - (Meerkat)
         Re: Key Caps is back under Snow Leotard (h/t boxley)! - (pwhysall) - (1)
             Ah! - (rcareaga)

It is just too confusing…
62 ms