IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New OT IMAP question
I occationally use a product called openwave, that uses a proprietary connection called RME to their message stores. They have well documented hooks to their RME interface written in C. Can you suggest a good GPL C based IMAP program that I might be able to integrte with their libraries to the message store?
thanx,
bill
New I really don't know of one off hand.
New Are you looking to write an IMAP server?
You could do worse than start with the code to Courier-IMAP. Reportedly, it has a nice modular architecture, so you would only need to replace the bit that dances on maildir.

It's not all that hard to write one from the RFC, BTW. You just have to make sure you test with common clients. Outlook is known to be very fussy about whitespace in the IMAP responses.

Wade.

Q:Is it proper to eat cheeseburgers with your fingers?
A:No, the fingers should be eaten separately.
New Re: Are you looking to write an IMAP server?
no, Im looking to enhance an existing one, have courier downloaded and am looking at it
New I'd have to agree with Wade.
Courier-IMAP server is a very well done proggy.

Since I discovered it, its all I use, personally or otherwise. I also have found that its *VERY* scalable. Serving in excess of 100K users on a single machine... provided there is enough memory.
     Anyone used Joomla? - (static) - (6)
         As far as I can tell... - (folkert) - (5)
             OT IMAP question - (boxley) - (4)
                 I really don't know of one off hand. -NT - (folkert)
                 Are you looking to write an IMAP server? - (static) - (2)
                     Re: Are you looking to write an IMAP server? - (boxley) - (1)
                         I'd have to agree with Wade. - (folkert)

Heard that when you play a Windows CD backwards, it plays satanic message? That's nothing! When you play it forward, it installs Windows!
45 ms