IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New No kidding
I've told them three times, just let me talk to a sysadmin and we'll have this fixed in two minutes. But their customer "support" policy says I'm not allowed to talk to anyone except the tier 1 people. They'll take the information and forwarded it to the appropriate people.

The last four times I've called, first thing I've done is ask them to read back what the last person forwarded. And all except the last time it's been wrong. And they keep closing it as "resolved" when we make a change, but before we find out if it fixed the problem. The last change clearly broke it.

Their DNS manager app is completely broken, and they won't listen when I tell them I need a sysadmin to manually fix my zone file.
--

Drew
New Generally, long before this much mess . . .
. . I go to the sales department and tell them to get it fixed or I will move elsewhere - with prejudice.
New +5, Informative.
That's a good idea.

Wade.

Q:Is it proper to eat cheeseburgers with your fingers?
A:No, the fingers should be eaten separately.
New One good thing.
If I define this in /etc/hosts:

74.125.93.121 blog.cooklikeyourgrandmother.com

Your Blog comes up.

And the latest post from Sept 17th...

http://blog.cooklike...difficulties.html

Sorry for the technical difficulties

Have I mentioned recently that I hate computers? Yup, sure do. And just in case I was starting to forget that, the last two weeks have reminded me really well.

I don't know when anyone will be able to see this post. I don't know if it will go out via email like it's supposed to. I may be typing this all to myself. [sigh] But just in case you do see it ... I'm still here. I've got plenty of good stuff ready to post. I just can't get my @&%!@#$%^&* site to work.

With any luck, this will be fixed by tonight, and I'll have something up in time for the weekend. Keep your fingers crossed.

So I do know the Google Side of things isn't fscked up.

Its all about DNS.

I'd offer to host your root/authoritative services, but I think you should establish another Vendor for this purpose. Let me know if you want me to setup the stuff, I can setup a preliminary zone file on my server based on the screenie you posted, but corrected.
New I've setup an account if you really need it.
And also setup a bind9 zone with everything in it.

Let me know if you want access to it.
New Did the same thing with my hosts to check it
And I was planning on calling sales today.
--

Drew
New Tape it. I wanna hear that one.
New On the phone now
They're "trying" to get a customer relations rep on the line.

===

OMG. He's looking at my zone file and knows what he's talking about. This is the guy I've needed to talk to for the past two days. Now let's see if he's allowed to fix it.
--

Drew
Expand Edited by drook Sept. 18, 2009, 02:15:11 PM EDT
     DNS question - (drook) - (17)
         think master slave - (boxley) - (1)
             But the record would have to get *up* there first - (drook)
         I would think so. - (static)
         I think it may be fixed - (drook) - (4)
             yups its fixxorzed. - (folkert)
             I think you probably need to also tell PHP to run. :-) - (static) - (2)
                 Yup. It's dead here too. :-( - (Another Scott) - (1)
                     That's phpBB, which I don't have installed - (drook)
         Now nothing seems to work properly for blog... - (folkert) - (8)
             No kidding - (drook) - (7)
                 Generally, long before this much mess . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                     +5, Informative. - (static)
                 One good thing. - (folkert) - (4)
                     I've setup an account if you really need it. - (folkert)
                     Did the same thing with my hosts to check it - (drook) - (2)
                         Tape it. I wanna hear that one. -NT - (jake123) - (1)
                             On the phone now - (drook)

How can he be so skinny and live SO phat?!?
102 ms