IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Don't get that
I'm uncertain of your reasoning. Are you saying racial integration drove the Republican supporters to lunacy? That racial integration is a major affront to modern Republican values, but unable to rant against integration, that they rant against all other progressive values instead? Or that the Democratic party managed to convert the normal Republicans to their party, leaving fringe lunatics to fill the vacuum?
--------------------------------------------
Matthew Greet

I'm not prejudiced. I hate everyone equally.
New southern democrats were utterly opposed to equal rights
so they turned republican.
http://en.wikipedia....ights_Act_of_1964
Note: "Southern", as used in this section, refers to members of Congress from the eleven states that made up the Confederate States of America in the American Civil War. "Northern" refers to members from the other 39 states, regardless of the geographic location of those states.

The original House version:

* Southern Democrats: 7-87 (7%-93%)
* Southern Republicans: 0-10 (0%-100%)

* Northern Democrats: 145-9 (94%-6%)
* Northern Republicans: 138-24 (85%-15%)

The Senate version:

* Southern Democrats: 1-20 (5%-95%) (only Senator Ralph Yarborough of Texas voted in favor)
* Southern Republicans: 0-1 (0%-100%) (this was Senator John Tower of Texas)
* Northern Democrats: 45-1 (98%-2%) (only Senator Robert Byrd of West Virginia opposed the measure)
* Northern Republicans: 27-5 (84%-16%) (Senators Bourke Hickenlooper of Iowa, Barry Goldwater of Arizona, Edwin L. Mechem of New Mexico, Milward L. Simpson of Wyoming, and Norris H. Cotton of New Hampshire opposed the measure)
the modern republican party is your fathers democrat party prime example Trent Lott. Thats why I find the dems tres amusing at times with a langish history of keeping people in their place
     Welcome to the party - (lincoln) - (5)
         gee and how did the repos get that way? - (boxley) - (4)
             Don't get that - (warmachine) - (1)
                 southern democrats were utterly opposed to equal rights - (boxley)
             Not so simple, IMHO. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                 google "southern strategy" - (boxley)

Hitotsu, futatsu, mittsu, yottsu.
42 ms