IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New issues with pxeboot kickstart and redhat
have setup a tftpboot that points to a vmlinuz indicates that the mac address that shows up will be eth0 and reiterate that in the kickstart.cfg

the pxeboot goes fine, vmliniz loads and presents me with a menu that wants me to choose what NIC interface to use! The former eth0 is now determined to be eth2 and of course after the kickstart is installed and rebooted leaves me with a box that has eth0 configured with a different MAC address and isnt wired correctly.

Any idea on how to enforce mac inst to follow presets?
thanx,
bill
New I gave up one forcing...
Kickstart to follow what I really want.

I just do a Minimal (ie select nothing, without selinux enabled and kudzu disabled)

Then RAM an (edited properly) RPM list down yum's throat.

yum install $(cat rpmlist | xargs)
New yabbut
are you doing a minimal pxeboot or cdrom install? If a pxeboot how do you pin the NIC order to the MAC addresses. My kickstart works fine, just leaves the /etc/sysconfig/net*scripts to be manually configured from the console. Pain in the ass, might as well do a cdrom install and yum as you say
New Used to do / try PXE boot and minimal.
Now I just use CD/DVD and force feed YUM after wards.

As long as SSH and eth0 is configured properly by the hands on the console during install... all is well.

Since I don't RUN a DHCP, PXE, TFTPD server anymore (I tried, really I tried), the number of installs I do now just aren't worth it.

Considering I'm deploying virtual machines now, it just doesn't make sense.
New ksdevice=MACaddress
     issues with pxeboot kickstart and redhat - (boxley) - (4)
         I gave up one forcing... - (folkert) - (2)
             yabbut - (boxley) - (1)
                 Used to do / try PXE boot and minimal. - (folkert)
         ksdevice=MACaddress -NT - (boxley)

Looks like I shouldn't have skipped putting on the third coat of sarcasm.
36 ms