IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Wow
You've been defending her, and attacking anyone who looked on in stunning increduality when she was chosen as a VP candidate, one that had a far better chance of ending up as president than most previous.

And now you dismiss her as a wingnut that a local population likes.

At what point did she stop being a serious person to you?
New bushwa son
I advised from the very beginning one does not vote for repos from wasilla. I never backed her politically but responded to the rabid hack job led by the left because she was a woman who didnt rug munch with the feminists
New Ahh
She's a crazy incompetent person poised to do immense damage.
How dare people point that out.

Got it.
New Lemme get this straight
You didn't think she should be elected, but that was for good and noble reasons. When other people pointed out problems with her, it wasn't because of those problems. It was actually a hack job because she's not a lesbian.

So people who support Democrats -- or oppose Republicans -- only like women who are lesbians; support teaching of jihad in schools; and don't want the U.S. to produce any of its own energy.

[edit] And I see Crazy beat me to it, with more pith.
--

Drew
Expand Edited by drook July 29, 2009, 11:06:52 AM EDT
New Watch out for that first step...
its a doo-zy.

Wow, man way to sum up his own words from his own posts...

Next thing you know he is going to start playing the part of Michelle Merlin: "Read me in my posts!"
New other people pointed out
that her son was really her grandson
she advocated burning books
when a real democratic lesbian defended Palin she was branded insane and republican
that Palin spent mone on clothes
that palin was ethically challenged by her husband calling a trooper boss to fire the crazy brother in law
which reasonable point above were you advocating?

Se people who support Democrats -- or oppose Republicans -- only like women who are lesbians; support teaching of jihad in schools; and don't want the U.S. to produce any of its own energy.
So people who support democrats and deeply hate republicans dont care about rape rack and ruin as long as they parrot the party line.

Any republican who acts the same way must be instantly vilified as evil

Hows that change and transparency thing going? Wiretapping guantamano rendition signing statements et al

New A perceived reason
"Any republican who acts the same way must be instantly vilified as evil "

Because IN GENERAL (I love escape hatches), Republicans are associated with do less for other people not in their immediate community, keep their money, and maintain an isolationist community viewpoint. Unless of course they are spreading the word of Jesus.

Democrats are associated with taxing other people, using that money to fund some possibly worthwhile stuff, but doing it wrong (even if the stuff was needed), and the vast majority of money is simply wasted.

So, Republicans see Democrats as simply stupid, not evil, at least until the tax man comes with a gun to take your stuff. It is assumed that their stupidity is obvious, because they vote for politicians that are obviously immoral and corrupt. Like Slick Willie. Of course, those that oppose the word of Jesus are assumed to either be ignorant or evil, and if not converted must be killed. Ok, maybe a bit of paranoia there. But not enough based on the real possibility of violent attack.

Democrats, on the other hand, can easily pick out the rantings of whatever Republican is on CNN, playing to their local base, getting into war cry mode, and ascribe it to evil (lower case e) intentions. And lets face it, a lot of people have suffered due to one of the few capital Evils around, ie: Cheney, who is one of the main Republican standard bearers for the moment. And of course, let's not forget that violent attack the religious people are prone to do.

Bottom line, Republicans are losing, and it is simply demographics. They are dying off, too few people are joining up, and their message doesn't seem to work.

Oh well. You better push your alternative party hard, or become an active Democrat if you want to have a say in the political future.
New give me a different democratic party
one without the jackboots and with a sense of humor but I dont want to end up like arlo guthrie
http://buffaloathome...ical-Debates.aspx
now that is an uphill battle
New None of the above
My reasonable point about her has always been that she seemed way over her head in any discussion of world affairs.

That she didn't seem particularly bright, nor even all that well coached -- which admittedly is close enough for most politicians, considering how well the talking heads stay on-script.

That she had no visible points to make other than attacks, soundbites, style-over-substance, and folksiness.

That every accomplishment she tried to claim in her tenure as mayor or governor turned out to be much less than what she claimed, or in fact completely opposite what she claimed.

And finally, though this is not technically her flaw, the fact that every defense of her seems to come down to one of two things: You're afraid of her, because she's a strong woman who is also a conservative. Or ... Some Democratic politicians have similar flaws.

By the way, what "rape rack and ruin" are you talking about?
--

Drew
New Re: None of the above
"My reasonable point about her has always been that she seemed way over her head in any discussion of world affairs. "
excellent true point
rape rack ruin
clinton and NOW support for him after sexual battery charges. Didnt matter what he did it was what he said and stood for, how two faces is that?

rack as in rendition to counties that rack decried by dems no word now even tho it still takes place and was not specifically changed by obama

ruin, the financial mess we are in, decride as all bush's fault but the mess called stimulus passed by the dems, signed by the president is leading us to ruin
New Yes and no
All three of your points are true. I also pointed out the hypocrisy of NOW looking the other way on Clinton.

Where I disagree is that people have been silent on the other two.
--

Drew
New fair enough
New Not particularly truthful...
You were a rabid protagonist for her for quite a long, long while.
New bullshit folkert, right from the nomination
in these forums I stated that I would never vote for her or mccain or obama or clinton or biden
any claim otherwise is a crock of shit and you know it
New Ok...
Its your story, tell it like you want.

But many of us... well, we can usually tell when we are being snookered.
New maybe you should ease up on yer meds
since that perception and reality thingy is starting to blend badly for you
blast from the past circa 10/12/08
http://www.mikevital...ow.iwt?postid=929
http://www.mikevital...ow.iwt?postid=893
http://www.mikevital...ow.iwt?postid=998
http://www.mikevital...ow.iwt?postid=987
Also note and a few other posters can back me up I not only contributed money to the Edwards campaign I also worked in it locally as I thought he was the best man for the job till he screwed the pooch.
I voted Obama in the primary and would not vote for him in the general because of his vote on the wiretapping bill.
So why doncha go and watch some reruns of american Idol, at least brian has an excuse, he wasnt hanging around back then. You dont have an excuse
New Fact check
http://iwt.mikevital...ow.iwt?postid=929

Nothing about Palin. Describes Republican party dirty tricks.

http://iwt.mikevital...ow.iwt?postid=893

Linked article is entirely about McCain. Only mentions Palin as the person who called him a Maverick.

http://iwt.mikevital...ow.iwt?postid=998

Claim that hate speech is coming from both sides. In context, a defense of the behavior at Palin rallies essentially being no worse than what is said be Democrats.

http://iwt.mikevital...ow.iwt?postid=987

Did in fact say you preferred Obama to McCain until the vote on the surveillence bill.

So, nothing from your links showing your opposition, or lack of support. How about some others?

http://iwt.mikevital...w.iwt?postid=1469

Repeats quotes saying she will be back, and better for the experience.

http://iwt.mikevital...w.iwt?postid=1763

Those who oppose her are misogynist. (Ha ha, only kidding with a smiley.)

http://iwt.mikevital...w.iwt?postid=1859

Again repeating quotes about her strength.

Oh hell, let's just jump to where you admit it:
http://iwt.mikevital...w.iwt?postid=2896
I defend her altho I would never vote for her because of the constant "she dont talk walk or act like us so must be a retard" annoys me.

Well, that's just saying you defend her because you're tired of the bashing. But do you actually support her?

http://iwt.mikevital...w.iwt?postid=2738
after observing this crew for a while, and watching the national media for a while and listening, evesdropping on regular folks, I think I see why you have such a viceral response to Palin

She dont act whitebread

Obama has learned to act whitebread

She is strong willed, has a bunch of kids, one who most folks think she should have aborted

Obama talks white, has but 2 kids and a wife who was quickly gotten off stage is she spoke forcefully

As paglia noted she appears to be a strong women without whitebread speaking patterns. Her shared knowledgebase is as good as tail gunner joes.

A strong woman with kids and a househusband who doesnt live in an acceptable surburban environment just scares a lot of people. She is a functioning governor who cleaned up her own party and insisted that the cozy relationship with oil and government be dealt fairly. An idiot cannot do things like that.

In your own words, she's a strong woman who's not whitebread, and that scares people. She is as smart as Biden, just doesn't speak as well. She was a good governor with real accomplishments.
--

Drew
New better get out yer reading glasses
http://www.mikevital....iwt?postid=15076
in these forums I stated that I would never vote for her or mccain or obama or clinton or biden
any claim otherwise is a crock of shit and you know it
Post #15077
By folkert
7/29/09 11:16:49 AM

Ok...
Its your story, tell it like you want.

But many of us... well, we can usually tell when we are being snookered.
so in the list you pulled where does it say that I will support and vote for her?

In your own words, she's a strong woman who's not whitebread, and that scares people. She is as smart as Biden, just doesn't speak as well. She was a good governor with real accomplishments.
so Biden is smarter than her? The same guy who is being sent to his room again for fucking up on the world stage?

She did accomplish a gas line deal that has been out of reach since 1981. Got a bi-partisan state government for the first time since Hammond and cowpie. Not too bad. Got tired of the bullshit and quit. Fine swell bye.

So why in the FUCK is the rest of America, you in ohio, greg in michegan every human in the media so damned scared of her? In the real world she wouldnt get any more attention than maxine waters or the Boyle woman.
New Where does the "scared" meme come from?
I said she's incompetent. How does that map to "scared"? Fox has been saying it for months, but I don't understand it.
--

Drew
New not drook personally
scared as in the talking folks excessively spend time denigrating someone their dont understand and fear.
palin
michael jackson
southerners
yankees
etc
New Why she's still being talked about
Obama isn't funny.
No goofy mannerisms.
No major faux-pas with any comedy legs so far.
Handsome without being obviously vain.

And self-deprecating enough to tell your Obama joke better and sooner than any comedian.

He's comedy poison. And US politics is comedy-driven.

So here's Ms. Palin, who not only IS the biggest political joke since Dan Quail but also has the courtesy to write her own jokes. How many politicians have had TWO of their speeches repeated verbatim as comedy gold?

Sarah Palin was sent by god himself. The god here is Loki. We should all sacrifice many rubber chickens to Sleipnir's Mother*.

--------------------------
* Long story, but it comes down to Loki shape-shifting to mare form in order to distract an enemy's stallion and ending up pregnant with a colt.
New obama is funny
but he is black and cant be touched without being run out of town on a rail
New That's the theory
But why can't the people who don't mind being called racist come up with any funny jokes?

I get the occasional "not PC" Obama joke from various non-mainstream sources, but they are all either generic race stuff or just plain not funny. I'm entirely capable of laughing at my own side.

The other thing that suggests to me that Obama is more "not funny" than "off limits" is that there was a small spate of jokes about his race.

"A black guy will get elected President when pigs fly."
"Hey, swine flu!"

SNL tries to do comedy about him. They certainly don't consider him untouchable. But it just doesn't fly.
New you heard the reworked stamp joke right?
post office issues a stamp in honor of the first black president. Huge complaints pour in. It appears that people were spitting on the wrong side

its worked for almost every president

speech patterns are good to work with, his complete different cadence when giving a speech or speaking ad hoc is good material

date night is a great target.
New ICLRPD
US politics is comedy-driven.
New I admit I was scared if..
McCain dropped dead and she was pResident.

She'd have Nuke codes and more than likely press the damned button, plus being smart as a plug nickel.

That is the *ONLY TWO* things I was afraid of... now its fun watching her implode.
New Agreed...
I guess his Large Hadron Collider had a vacuum leak and fell over, limp.
     Shatner performs Palin's resignation speech - (SpiceWare) - (31)
         sniff, makes me honesick, thanx kirk -NT - (boxley)
         gawker on Palin's resignation speech - (rcareaga) - (29)
             the broad is a wingnut - (boxley) - (28)
                 Wow - (crazy) - (26)
                     bushwa son - (boxley) - (24)
                         Ahh - (crazy)
                         Lemme get this straight - (drook) - (8)
                             Watch out for that first step... - (folkert)
                             other people pointed out - (boxley) - (6)
                                 A perceived reason - (crazy) - (1)
                                     give me a different democratic party - (boxley)
                                 None of the above - (drook) - (3)
                                     Re: None of the above - (boxley) - (2)
                                         Yes and no - (drook) - (1)
                                             fair enough -NT - (boxley)
                         Not particularly truthful... - (folkert) - (13)
                             bullshit folkert, right from the nomination - (boxley) - (12)
                                 Ok... - (folkert) - (11)
                                     maybe you should ease up on yer meds - (boxley) - (10)
                                         Fact check - (drook) - (9)
                                             better get out yer reading glasses - (boxley) - (8)
                                                 Where does the "scared" meme come from? - (drook) - (7)
                                                     not drook personally - (boxley) - (5)
                                                         Why she's still being talked about - (mhuber) - (4)
                                                             obama is funny - (boxley) - (2)
                                                                 That's the theory - (mhuber) - (1)
                                                                     you heard the reworked stamp joke right? - (boxley)
                                                             ICLRPD - (jake123)
                                                     I admit I was scared if.. - (folkert)
                     Agreed... - (folkert)
                 Re: Fireweed - (a6l6e6x)

Armed with WoMS*.

*(Weapons of Mass *SHUN*)
91 ms