IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: I'm wondering just where Intel is taking their Xorg driv
The GEM stuff should give you back your functionality when its finished shortly.

Intel is pushing it because its been languishing for YEARS. And they finally have something worth pushing for it.

Yes, it does seem like Intel is hugely buffeting Xorg and the Linux kernel in this area. But, its better than what happened in the 2.4.9-.11 fiasco when Linus dropped on version of the scheduler for another lock, stock and barrel.
New I need to revisit my assessment.
It seems that the Ubuntu maintainer thinks it better that I push upstream as I understand the issue (from a users POV) better than he. I misunderstood that. He assured me they are already aware of this missing feature. I just wish they hadn't dropped it completely before a new method was put in place.

You were referring to http://en.wikipedia....Execution_Manager ? The Wikipedia page is short on detail, but it looks like the people who know the hardware inside out (not just Intel) have decided to just fix X.org's code problems rather than wait for someone else to think up a solution.

Wade.

Q:Is it proper to eat cheeseburgers with your fingers?
A:No, the fingers should be eaten separately.
     FYI, Debian Sid(unstable) just updated to... - (folkert) - (3)
         I'm wondering just where Intel is taking their Xorg drivers. - (static) - (2)
             Re: I'm wondering just where Intel is taking their Xorg driv - (folkert) - (1)
                 I need to revisit my assessment. - (static)

Golden Service, Incorporated
49 ms