IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Not pleased with Comcast lately
Ever since the big network upgrade they put in a few months back, our service drops randomly for minutes at a time.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New Re: Not pleased with Comcast lately (Still)
The recently did another round of "upgrades" here because AT&T U-Verse is encroaching badly here. Service from Comcast is doing badly at best, I get regular drops daily now. And 2-10 second "hiccups" nearly 5 times an hour. It makes working from home nearly unbearable, at times.

BUT... since AT&T is getting crushed under the weight of the iPhone crowd thirst for bandwidth... service is also lackluster.

I've got a friend in the first area installed around here (Jenison) and his initial speeds were great 19 months ago. Recently its been dropping like a stone during peak hours especially, but in general over all... plus NOW he can only have two TVs on at any one time now other wise drops occur (pixelization and artifacts) on all TVs.

He used to be able to have all four running perfectly.

Recently a local company, just down the road from me (on 50th street) had a 1.4Gbps multi-plexed multi-point Internet link from AT&T, with a $45K/month 5-9s SLA agreement with them (besides the bandwidth cost)... 7 months of broken SLA, 100s of open NOC level 1 network tickets open and completely ignoring the phone calls and other such things, they have dropped them like a hot rock and have back charged all installation, service fees and are looking for punitive damages in a lawsuit. AT&T has basically said... "have fun and good luck with that"

Effectively, they were ignored, because even though they have a 1.4Gbps link and additional SLA contracts.... they are small fry compared to the big ole APPLE that is nearly ready to fall off the tree due to huge problems in the infrastructure.

AT&T Started about 10 months to late to keep the crushing bandwidth issues from hurting them as much as they are. They saw the waves of iPhone users coming, but kept "rolling" in the dough not DOING what they needed to do for future keep-uppance.

So, at this point AT&T has started the scaling of the updates/upgrades to what they need to be about 6 weeks ago. Its going to be at least January before they get anywhere *CLOSE* to what needs to be done to get acceptable levels of service back.

Oh well.
New Re: Not pleased with Comcast lately (Still)
I've been having similar drops and hiccups here in Houston as well. It definitely impacts my ability to work from home.

Comcast is my only option - no fiber, let along DSL, is available in my neighborhood.
     I can has megabitburgerz, now! - (Ashton) - (20)
         congrats - (boxley)
         Woot! Welcome aboard! -NT - (Another Scott)
         Finally off of that gravel backroad - (beepster)
         Not pleased with Comcast lately - (malraux) - (2)
             Re: Not pleased with Comcast lately (Still) - (folkert) - (1)
                 Re: Not pleased with Comcast lately (Still) - (SpiceWare)
         Welcome... - (static)
         I, on the other hand, have the Verizon "air card" in the - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
             I have one of those as well. - (folkert)
         Router suggestions? - (Ashton) - (10)
             Linksys, D-Link, Belkin. - (static)
             Maybe try a different firmware version? - (Another Scott) - (1)
                 Illuminating - (Ashton)
             Linksys ... - (folkert)
             My experience is limited . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
             Thanks again; consensus seems to be Linksys - (Ashton) - (1)
                 I've had a Linksys BEFSR41 router - (lincoln)
             Netgear doesn't like Macs (nor Vista) - (scoenye) - (2)
                 Never mind Macs . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
                 That's a good point re: Vista. - (static)

+++ATH
52 ms