IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New We're arguing 2 different forms of attack, possibly...
Your argument seems to consist of:

• other politicians lie
  • other politicans have had sex (including adultry, and playing with interns)
  • other politicans aren't being charged.

None of which I disagree with.

I guess I'm jumping the gun a bit. I answering the next round by Republicans who are arguing :

• yes they lie - but not under oath.
  • yes they have sex - but that's not the charge. (Nor can it be, since LOTS of Republicans have gotten nailed for this)
  • other politicans have been charged with prejury (or obstruction of justice, etc.)

in short - they're attacking the first point. Which is why I offered my counter-examples, although I suspect that additional counter-examples (in particular, prejury with regards to sex) are available with just a little research.

Like I said, the average person just didn't >CARE< about the subject matter that was lied about.

I don't disagree - but that's primarly a spin related issue, isn't it? Courts don't really care what the average persons thinks.
New Crimes vs Politics.
Ah, is >THAT< the point we're missing each other on?

In >MY< view, the drive to prosecute that crime (yes, it was a crime) was politically motivated.

Which is where my points about the majority of people not caring and Larry Flint's bounty come in.

Yep, it was a crime. Nope, it wasn't >MUCH< of a crime....in the public's opinion. And it wasn't something that other politicians haven't also done (in general, not in specific).

I don't disagree - but that's primarly a spin related issue, isn't it? Courts don't really care what the average persons thinks.
In theory, they shouldn't. In practice.............I think it depends upon the judge and so on.
New Okay...we're in agreement..
we're just approaching it from (very) different angles.
     Ind. counsel: Robert Ray let Clinton off easy. - (marlowe) - (19)
         That explains the massive public uprising. - (Brandioch) - (17)
             ROFL! great title -NT - (boxley)
             You seem to forget the venue - (wharris2) - (15)
                 Nope. - (Brandioch) - (14)
                     Disagree with your logic - (Simon_Jester) - (13)
                         I don't see the disagreement. - (Brandioch) - (10)
                             We're arguing 2 different forms of attack, possibly... - (Simon_Jester) - (2)
                                 Crimes vs Politics. - (Brandioch) - (1)
                                     Okay...we're in agreement.. - (Simon_Jester)
                             My $0.02 - (rsf) - (6)
                                 Hmmmm. - (Brandioch) - (5)
                                     Re: Hmmmm. - (rsf) - (4)
                                         Different world views. - (Brandioch) - (3)
                                             Re: Different world views. - (wharris2) - (2)
                                                 That's not true either... - (Simon_Jester)
                                                 That's what I meant about "character". - (Brandioch)
                         Going easy on Ken Lay? - (marlowe) - (1)
                             That's right.... stall. -NT - (Simon_Jester)
         I wonder...who's going to let Robert Ray off easy.... - (Simon_Jester)

I can use his toes to plug my holes.
96 ms