IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Lance Armstrong, Murican - Toured down the Champs Elysees
to win Tour de France for the Third Time!

..this after overcoming the evil toxins of chemo'therapy', yet. (Astounding, considering what that did to his liver alone.)

Are we driven.. or what?
New Awestruck
As you've heard, I've done a bit of the riding thing myself, and I can't help but be awestruck after hearing what he's accomplished.

A 38-mile stage in 1:14:16. 30.5mph average.

My GRR. Astounded.

On my short 525-mile ride a couple weeks ago, I only hit >30 going downhill. My fastest daily average was 15.0 mph. Now, granted, my shortest day was 60 and longest 108, but still. 30 miles an hour AVERAGE?

Sick and twisted. And ab-fab. The man is nothing short of a hero. And he's from Austin, too. :)
-YendorMike

In order to understand recursion, one must understand recursion.
New Going downhill
You realize how fast they're going when they hit the downhill side of the Alps?

Makes my stomach queasy. I get nervous going downhill and hitting 30.
French Zombies are zapping me with lasers!
New Lotsa fun!
Once I changed from my knobbies to my road slicks, hitting 30 going downhill was easy. My max speed for the AIDSRide was 44.9. Going downhill. Without pedaling.

At that speed, pedaling only serves to disturb your balance. At least, it would for me, since I don't do it all the time like those guys do....

But still, I'd love to ride down the Apls at the rate that they're going! :)
-YendorMike

In order to understand recursion, one must understand recursion.
New In my brief 15-speed ownership
I found anything over 25 to seem utterly suicidal, esp. when I contemplated the size of the contact patch, absence of anything remotely resembling a suspension! (such as might keep that itty-bitty 'patch' ~contacting the ground..)

This wheras: well over the ton on a variety of motorcycles, was by then utterly relaxing (though with alertness, if that doesn't sound inconsistent - it isn't).

Now 50ish down the Alps (seen some o' those too, but via tiny sports car. No bike of any type alas) -- would have to be equivalent to John Surtees on a Gilera 4 at the Isle of Man, heading for the sharp rt. turn at Kate's Cottage - at 140 mph.

Must be an entire sport populated by Evel Knievel clones --

Ashton Chicken
     Lance Armstrong, Murican - Toured down the Champs Elysees - (Ashton) - (4)
         Awestruck - (Yendor) - (3)
             Going downhill - (wharris2) - (2)
                 Lotsa fun! - (Yendor) - (1)
                     In my brief 15-speed ownership - (Ashton)

You want to debate how many LRPD's fit on the head of the GRR?
63 ms