IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New That looks a really neat mixer.
Interesting you can send each Group (why do Mackie call them "sub"s?) to either Left or Right; I've not seen that before. I tend to be the only one who will setup groups when mixing for church - to everyone else they're a mystery.

And SM58s. They are the bee's knees, the cat's pyjamas and the mutt's nuts of microphones. But I'm sure you already know that! :-)

Wade.

Q:Is it proper to eat cheeseburgers with your fingers?
A:No, the fingers should be eaten separately.
New Short for subgroups.
As for the left or right... it's a stereo mixer. You can say send a channel to 1-2, assign 1 to left and 2 to right, and then the pan control on the strip will move the source from left to right. If you set both left and right on a given sub fader, then it treats it as a mono signal instead. You can also choose to send them to both left and right. So, you could put the voices into 1-2, and assign both 1 and 2 to both left and right, so all voices are in mono and come out of the centre of the rig, while putting all the other instruments into 3-4, assign 3 to left and 4 to right, and set up stereo imaging for the music.

'Course, most of the time that's not going to matter... but if one were using it to record a live show it might be nice to have it come out that way on the tape.

sm58s... main reason I'm interested in those is because they're relatively cheap, can take a beating, and are readily found and replaced if needed, meaning that one will end up with consistent mic performance across the rig, which will make EQing a lot easier.
New Re: 58s
You nailed it. There are better stage mics out there, for sure - but you can't beat the price/durability factor of the 58. They're built like a tank and sound great even when beat to a pulp. And since they're damn near ubiquitous, most sound guys know what to expect from them.
     Well, just took the plunge - (jake123) - (8)
         woot! - (Steve Lowe)
         Those JBLs... - (folkert) - (3)
             Re: Those JBLs...are SWEET - (beepster) - (1)
                 Re: Those JBLs...are SWEET - (jake123)
             Re: Those JBLs... - (jake123)
         That looks a really neat mixer. - (static) - (2)
             Short for subgroups. - (jake123) - (1)
                 Re: 58s - (Steve Lowe)

I hope you are enjoy it.
41 ms