IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: Out of number order partitions.
Well, I did use the Windows partitioner during its installation. I pretty much figured that was what screwed the pooch on it. However, I'm not too sure what I should do to fix it....
New What do you want to do?
As far as I can tell, its only a problem with libparted and tools that rely on that.

I personally use cfdisk as its very intuitive and allows you to do things normally not allowed by most things, similar to fdisk does but is a bit more friendly.

So, what is it you want to do?

Please remember, the way that Linux now handles DISKS period, if you have anything newer the 2.6.15 (and some earlier kernels depending on the distribution), only allows 16 total partitions (up-to 4 primary/extended-container and up-to 14 extended partitions (barring any more than one primary and one extended container).

One thing you need to do is report a bug.

Appears to be similar ones but nothing like yours:

http://bugs.debian.o...e=both;src=parted

Nor in the Alioth project (alioth is Debian's "sourceforge" type of project)

http://parted.alioth...trac.cgi/report/1

New Well, basically I'd like to get it back so all those
error messages go away. I'm also concerned because it looks like I'm going to have to install Windows again, and I want to be able to get it in there and get it to play nice with the other systems on this laptop... the amount of agony I had to go through to get it to behave after the last time I put it on was extreme, and I'd like to make sure I can minimize that to the greatest extent possible.

The main reason I need windows is because I have an M-Audio Fast Track Pro and want to use it to record, but for some reason the audio is completely shitty and fucked up when I try to record under linux, so....
New I feel your pain.
There's a reason why it is recommended that Windows is installed first for a dual-boot install. It is possible in varying degrees for various versions to install Windows afterward, but the incantation changes. Windows prefers to take the whole drive for itself and not bother you with the details, as I'm sure you already know.

Regarding Linux sound, there has been a bit of a kerfluffle recently about Linux sound brought about by some comments from Adobe. Apparantly, there are some circumstances where ALSA audio has horrible latency and terrible audio, whereas OSS v4 is fine and vice versa. http://linux.slashdo...=09/06/19/1937210

Wade.

"Ah -- I take it the doorbell doesn't work?"
     Weirdness on my linux box - (jake123) - (11)
         What does fdisk think? - (static) - (10)
             Re: What does fdisk think? - (jake123) - (9)
                 Out of number order partitions. - (folkert) - (8)
                     Re: Out of number order partitions. - (jake123) - (3)
                         What do you want to do? - (folkert) - (2)
                             Well, basically I'd like to get it back so all those - (jake123) - (1)
                                 I feel your pain. - (static)
                     Ah... - (static) - (3)
                         Re: Ah... - (jake123) - (2)
                             Yes. - (static) - (1)
                                 Re: Yes. - (jake123)

"First they came for the verbs and I said nothing, for verbing weirds language. Then they arrival for the nouns and I speech nothing, for I no verbs." - Peter Ellis
39 ms