IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Krauthammer hits the nail on the head
[link|http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A45867-2002Mar6.html|Saudi Peace Sham]

"In 35 years of studying the Middle East, I have rarely seen anything to rival the Saudi "peace plan" for cynicism (of those pushing the plan) and gullibility (of those buying it). If it were not so tragic it would be comic
A new "peace plan" is then floated whose essence is this: When peace is achieved between the two parties killing each other on the ground, the Saudis will give it their blessing and make peace too."
Apart from the fact that the plan is an obvious Saudi ploy to blunt American anger at the shockingly deep Saudi role in Sept. 11 by posing as peacemakers, apart from the fact that it gives make-work to U.N., EU and other underemployed diplomats with not an idea in their heads how to stop the violence, the plan has a very specific objective: misdirection. The plan -- a repetition of maximal Arab demands from which they have not budged in two decades -- is a transparent attempt to take world attention away from the source of the violence."
New Here's an idea.
Israel should say "We'll open negotiations if you like. Here's our favourite solution: Israel occupying all current Israeli land plus all areas Arabs are claiming as Palestine. This means no Palestinian State. It at least mirrors the PA preferred solution of all of Israel's land and no Israeli State."

Once the world gets over its apoplexy, Israel and the Arabs now have two more-or-less equal, albeit opposite, positions to bargain between. Would also give the Palestinian Arabs a way of saying "I've stopped beating my wife!" but they'd have to admit "Yes, I've been beating my wife" first...

Wade.

"All around me are nothing but fakes
Come with me on the biggest fake of all!"

The so called "Saudi Peace Plan" - (bluke) - (3)
         A little know fact about the 1967 borders - (bluke)
         Krauthammer hits the nail on the head - (bluke) - (1)
             Here's an idea. - (static)

1. I've heard it before; and
  2. I didn't care the first time.

43 ms