IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Well the Libertarian position would take much time
go away and leave me alone...pretty simple.
I will choose a path that's clear. I will choose freewill.
New Been there, done that
The result was snake oil. Literally.

Regulating medicine is what got us where we are. Regulation makes it expensive. Without the regulations, you could find a medical practitioner who doesn't have big student loans and insurance to pay, and pharmaceuticals produced by some factory in China. But with the regulations, the free market is broken. "Go away and leave me alone" doesn't work for medicine any more than it works for military defense, police, interstate road systems...

Maybe with better education and access to information unregulated medicine would work now. It would probably be better than it was in the medicine show days. A quick review of my spam folder suggests maybe not. My heart wants to pick Wikipedia over the AMA, but my brain won't cooperate.

All this being said, don't get any non-emergency skeleto-muscular surgery without trying a massage therapist first. The number of people I deal with who tell me what I did helped them more than the surgery they tried first is depressing. And if I can't help, at least you have all the parts you had and no new scars. I've seen (and felt) chiropracters do good stuff too. And acupuncture, well, I don't know whether it works, but it is non-destructive and not terribly expensive, so if you don't have my aversion to needles, what the hell.
Expand Edited by mhuber June 17, 2009, 09:59:14 AM EDT
     gummint motors, gummint banks, now gummint news? - (boxley) - (27)
         Re: gummint motors, gummint banks, now gummint news? - (beepster) - (3)
             george started this crap, obama is continuing it -NT - (boxley)
             Key difference - (jay) - (1)
                 disagree union leaders wall st affiliates of the president - (boxley)
         Too bad we got rid of the Fairness Doctrine - (altmann) - (2)
             We didn't get rid of the equal time rule. - (beepster)
             republicans have a news organ? - (boxley)
         gummint news? - (rcareaga) - (7)
             Re: gummint news? - (folkert)
             So I see - (beepster)
             give me a call when repos bring in the big 3 - (boxley) - (4)
                 Carp, it's not just a fish anymore. -NT - (Ashton) - (3)
                     dont have a siezure over it -NT - (boxley) - (2)
                         Having a cow, are we? -NT - (Ashton) - (1)
                             sigh, carpe diem -NT - (boxley)
         If its on Drudge, it must be true. Right? - (Another Scott) - (3)
             so now you are equating obama with our greatest president - (boxley) - (2)
                 Heh. :-) -NT - (Another Scott) - (1)
                     worth a shot :-) -NT - (boxley)
         Math question - (drook) - (3)
             Well the Libertarian position would take much time - (beepster) - (1)
                 Been there, done that - (mhuber)
             sure all - (boxley)
         Re: gummint motors, gummint banks, now gummint news? - (lincoln) - (3)
             rolf, what was the date of the FIRST interview? - (boxley) - (2)
                 2003, at least. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                     makes it 3 years in, was he still adored by cbs abc and nbc? - (boxley)

You say, "Williams, how can you get away with such political incorrectness?" It's easy. I'm a tenured professor, and I have diversified sources of income -- plus, I don't have much longer in this world.
95 ms