IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Egghead now redirects to Amazon?
and it starts on the software home page.

This sucks.

"Chicago to my mind was the only place to be. ... I above all liked the city because it was filled with people all a-bustle, and the clatter of hooves and carriages, and with delivery wagons and drays and peddlers and the boom and clank of freight trains. And when those black clouds came sailing in from the west, pouring thunderstorms upon us so that you couldn't hear the cries or curses of humankind, I liked that best of all. Chicago could stand up to the worst God had to offer. I understood why it was built--a place for trade, of course, with railroads and ships and so on, but mostly to give all of us a magnitude of defiance that is not provided by one house on the plains. And the plains is where those storms come from."

-- E.L. Doctorow
New You mean they were still alive until now?
Hadn't heard that name since they closed the stores.

Well, according to Google they've been Amazon since 2001, so it's just a page change.
Expand Edited by Andrew Grygus June 1, 2009, 10:01:03 PM EDT
New newegg.com is better anyways.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New Re: newegg.com is WAY WAY better anyway!
New One should never browse while exhausted
Yeah, I meant to go to newegg.com, but I was really tired after a long day and then spent around 2 hours trying to diagnose internet connection problems on my kids' PC from 1000 miles away. I think that the NIC went bad, and without being able to connect they can't download any diagnostic programs to confirm it.

Even more fun is going to be to get my son to remove the existing one and put in the new one after removing all traces of the original one and then installing and testing the new one. If it doesn't work, I don't know who he can turn to for help.

Right now I'm leaning towards the Linksys LNE100TX card - it states that it will PnP on older boxes and comes with all drivers on the CD. It goes for $18 on Newegg.

"Chicago to my mind was the only place to be. ... I above all liked the city because it was filled with people all a-bustle, and the clatter of hooves and carriages, and with delivery wagons and drays and peddlers and the boom and clank of freight trains. And when those black clouds came sailing in from the west, pouring thunderstorms upon us so that you couldn't hear the cries or curses of humankind, I liked that best of all. Chicago could stand up to the worst God had to offer. I understood why it was built--a place for trade, of course, with railroads and ships and so on, but mostly to give all of us a magnitude of defiance that is not provided by one house on the plains. And the plains is where those storms come from."

-- E.L. Doctorow
Expand Edited by lincoln June 2, 2009, 05:06:46 PM EDT
New From JoS board
"Several states are in the process of drafting laws to tax things bought over the internet. Look at what's happened with NewEgg, Overstock, and Amazon over NY's tax law changes."

I hadn't heard about this before, but it wouldn't surprise me if that's the change you're seeing in Egghead. (I'm assuming that's what the poster was referring to, and wrote NewEgg out of habit.)
--

Drew
     Egghead now redirects to Amazon? - (lincoln) - (5)
         You mean they were still alive until now? - (Andrew Grygus)
         newegg.com is better anyways. -NT - (malraux) - (1)
             Re: newegg.com is WAY WAY better anyway! -NT - (folkert)
         One should never browse while exhausted - (lincoln)
         From JoS board - (drook)

I am LRPD, millionaire. I own a mansion and a yacht.
88 ms