IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New A hard disk failure does give boost one's backup religion!
It's clear to me that one's data is much more important than the hardware it's on. While I wouldn't have been happy paying $341 to restore the machine to a working state, the pain would have been OK. If I get another couple years out of this laptop, I'll be ready to buy a new one.

While I think of backups after changing spreadsheets and such, I forgot about the emails and even browser history files that I rely on. My "Time Machine" was 10 days old when the hard drive committed seppuku. I'll try to do backups no less often than every couple days.

AppleCare makes money for Apple and I'm willing to accept the odds.

And I have to agree with Scott that laptops are much more likely to die that desktops.

Alex
New I chose laissez-faire.. with some trepidation,
given the 'notebook-like' design of the iMac.
(I'd also have been among those to give them the Protection-game-$$ on any notebook, for all those obv 'miniaturization' hits to MTBF.)

Abetting the choice: iStat will Tell You if That bloody-Diode or other sensors are approaching a stage of heat-stroke. All ya gots to do is LOOK occasionally. I accept that drudgery, willingly.

Love this iMac. Maybe 10% as much as a couple of cats.. OK maybe 5%

A house without a cat, and a well-fed, well-petted and properly revered cat, may be a perfect house, perhaps
... but how can it prove its title?

-- Mark Twain
     Apple was decent to me. - (a6l6e6x) - (10)
         Woot! Thanks for the report. -NT - (Another Scott)
         Which reminds.. I have til 5-24 to decide on the odds - (Ashton) - (8)
             its electronics innit? If it runs longer than 90 days - (boxley) - (7)
                 Heat kills electronics. - (Another Scott) - (6)
                     Oooh.. tell me about the problematic chips! - (Ashton) - (4)
                         No personal knowledge. You seem to have ATI and seem Ok. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                             Thanks - useful comparisons there - (Ashton)
                         A hard disk failure does give boost one's backup religion! - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                             I chose laissez-faire.. with some trepidation, - (Ashton)
                     I get it on all of my machines. - (malraux)

You will be boiled in vegetable oil and packaged for housecats.
78 ms