IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New SIL needs help in web stuff
http://www.quigleyso...nthly_Recipe.html
looks fine in safari, horked in firefox (headers misaligned) I think the cssdammit is horked any ideas? She is a graphic designer, not web design and is using iweb
New Start with semantic markup (better names)
id3 ... id4 ... id5

Makes it really hard to read the HTML and understand what it's supposed to be doing. Then reconsider any absolute positioning. That's how you get overlaps.
--

Drew
New Re: SIL needs help in web stuff
Looks fine in FF on OSX here......
-Mike

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin, 1759 Historical Review of Pennsylvania
New horked here FF 3.0.10 OSX 10.5.6
New Hmmm. I'm on 2.0.0.20
3.0 does funky-ass things when I'm using a local certificate to do stuff on my development machine, so I can't use it.
-Mike

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin, 1759 Historical Review of Pennsylvania
New Re: SIL needs help in web stuff
Replace div ID3 with this:

<div id="id3" style="height: 77px; left: 36px; position: absolute; top: 14px; width: 515px; z-index: 1;" class="style_SkipStroke_1"><div class="style_1"><p style="padding-bottom: 0pt; padding-top: 0pt;" class="paragraph_style_2"><span style="line-height: 77px;" class="style_2">Quigleys</span><span style="line-height: 77px;" class="style_3">Online.</span><span style="line-height: 29px;" class="style_4">com</span></p></div>
</div>

Assuming your seeing the same problem I am, that should fix it. The key part that was throwing it off was style="overflow: visible; position: relative;" but I also removed some junk formatting that did nothing.

Jay
New Thanks Jay, that nailed it
New Not quite --
OK in latest Safari.

On FFox 3.010:

Big 'Quigleys Online' header over/under-lays the 'Welcome etc.' text.

via latest Leopard, recently updated etc.

SIL needs help in web stuff - (boxley) - (7)
         Start with semantic markup (better names) - (drook)
         Re: SIL needs help in web stuff - (mvitale) - (2)
             horked here FF 3.0.10 OSX 10.5.6 -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                 Hmmm. I'm on 2.0.0.20 - (mvitale)
         Re: SIL needs help in web stuff - (jay) - (2)
             Thanks Jay, that nailed it -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                 Not quite -- - (Ashton)

The haddock hits me with a sucker punch. I catch him with a left hook. He eels over. It was a fluke, but there he was, lying on the deck... flat as a mackerel. Kelpless.
85 ms