IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Calling Ashton, or other old electronics buffs
I just met a guy looking for "1930 - 1935 Crosley radios in any condition. Crosley Broadcasters and other radio advertising from any year" Anyone got anything he might be interested in, or know someone who might?
--

Drew
New Believe there are tribes of such folks
refurbing these items.
Some of the late-20s+ top-end receivers match specs with the latest -- physics remaining the same. Crosley, I fear is a notch or two lower on the scale. (And, of course -- the program material '09 would be AM radio or in some cases, short-wave. So I guess you'd just look at the restoration, for your satisfaction.)

Don't know any of the ilk, currently. Would think eBay would have a bunch, though probably sought after by his cohorts, too. Were I besotted, I think I'd try rummage sales in small towns -- since no one knows anything about the techno, nor what is desirable amongst those who do: one might snare a E. H. Scott for a song.. or Crosley, Emerson et al. By eBay time, it's too late.

For electronics types, it's fascinating to see the design innovations of the top-line super-receivers, in a day when general parts were so rudimentary.
Have seen on web some early parts catalogs. Each high-end receiver is a textbook for young engrs (back when we had those.)

Luck to him. (I expect that someone will have a Tek 5xx series vac. tube scope operating in 2050, if perhaps.. way-back in the cave with the solar powered inverter?)

Calling Ashton, or other old electronics buffs - (drook) - (1)
         Believe there are tribes of such folks - (Ashton)

Achtung, Laddie!
62 ms