IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Too late, but then it always was.
A different POV on "The Founders" and our "Revolution":

The popularly described "American Revolution"

Landed aristocrats received huge land grants in return for collecting taxes for the Crown (they also get to keep a little bit of what they collect, but they have to send the majority back across the Atlantic). The landed aristocrats decide that they'll get more, even if they lower taxes, if they don't send anything across the Atlantic.

A disinformation campaign is begun in which the chief complaint is "No taxation without representation" (the fact that colonists did have representation in England is conveniently ignored). The idea sells well to the uneducated masses whose blood will be used to fight the upcoming war with, and a war is begun. When the war is finally over, the new government comprised of the landed aristocrats dictates that taxes must "go up" to pay for the "war debt".

Enter the real, failed American Revolution usually called "Shay's Rebellion"

Because they didn't fight merely to replace one set of oppressors with another, Daniel Shay lead about 600 armed farmers to a courthouse. Governor Bowdoin responded by sending in 4,400 troops. Game over.

You see folks, the good old US of A was never, ever, anything other than what it is today - a somewhat democratic plutocracy.
bcnu,
Mikem

-I'd have a sig, but we Americans have to "watch what we say, watch what we do now."
New Guess I gotta dust off the smelter and,
bestow another

Brevity Award

..for shortest accurate depiction of our er Roots and - for just plain Goodness!

Ashton Gilded Lilies of the Valley-Gurrls Ltd.
New Same as it ever was?
Isn't what we really have a Republic and not a Democracy? We are represented by those critters that get elected to office. Some of them are just appointed without even bothering to ask the citizens about it, like judges. best we can do is try to impeace them when they get caught breaking rules or with their hand in the cookie jar or an Intern's blue dress?

Anyway democratic plutocracy, what does Mickey Mouse's dog Pluto have to do with it? Gives new meaning to the words "Mickey Mouse Laws"? ;) That means a government run by the wealthy, does it not?

Taxation without representation is not good, with representaion it is not so great either. But we all have to pay taxes and only the dirt-poor get them back. Only the wealthy can hide their wealth and use loopholes to avoid paying taxes because only they can afford to hire accountants and lawyers to hide great amounts of wealth. But if it is a true plutocracy, then the rich run the government and give themselves the loopholes to get out of paying the taxes?

So how are we going to reform it?

"Will code Visual BASIC for cash."
New Violent Revolution! But attack Corporations, not bureaucrats
New Violence is not always the answer
there are people who propose violence against Corps, but they usually get thrown into mental hospitals. How do I know? I spent some time in mental hospitals and there are people in there suggesting that they do violent things to the corps running this country. Me, I don't advocate violence. Not when there is another way to do things, non-violent things. All I ask is that the corps reform themselves and stop trampling on people's rights and freedoms. I hope that we are not moving towards a government like the one outlined in "1984", it seems like we are headed in that direction to me. Security cameras are everyhwere, and we are getting digital TV forced upon us soon, and the old TV sets will need an adapter. I wonder if the new TV sets and digital converter boxes will have the ability to record what we watch and report back to a company or department of a government?

New Well, if you're running Windows...
>> I wonder if the new TV sets and digital converter boxes will have the ability
>> to record what we watch and report back to a company or department of a
>> government?

If you use MS Media player, what you're watching is already being watched.

Probably NOT reporting to the government, probably to corporations, who have the real power anyway. ;-)

[link|http://www.wired.com/news/privacy/0,1848,50567,00.html|http://www.wired.co...0567,00.html]
New A practical emotional answer to Windows:
Get, construct - a Billy Doll. The soothing effect of inserting various pointed objects can.. almost.. atone for the daily time-waste, the inconvenient crash when that important e-mail won't download, the incomprehensible 'blame someone Else' error messages, the smarmy paper clip and..

and... that horrible baby-talk label, My Computer !!

Each one deserves an er embedded object. And if enough Have Faith and do the daily pin duty?

Oh Ye of little Faith!
New Billy doll
I had an idea for one, and it had a connection to the computer that could detect a system crash or BSOD. The Billy doll will laugh a geeky laugh, with a snort or two, then you use a small hammer to wack him on the head and it makes the computer do a warm boot. My only problems are finding a company to make the thing, and coming up with the cash to promote it. :)

Losing our rights, very slowly. - (nking) - (22)
         Re: Losing our rights, very slowly. - (nking) - (2)
             I don't think it's insane - (Ashton) - (1)
                 It is true, after all - (nking)
         Our rights have been eroding since the 1950's - (boxley) - (18)
             The "End Times" must be approaching then? - (nking) - (12)
                 the end time aproaches in every generation - (boxley) - (11)
                     Bingo. - (Brandioch) - (10)
                         Thomas Jefferson said, "The price of liberty is eternal - (a6l6e6x)
                         Uh? How about this? - (nking) - (8)
                             Too late, but then it always was. - (mmoffitt) - (7)
                                 Guess I gotta dust off the smelter and, - (Ashton)
                                 Same as it ever was? - (nking) - (5)
                                     Violent Revolution! But attack Corporations, not bureaucrats -NT - (mmoffitt) - (4)
                                         Violence is not always the answer - (nking) - (3)
                                             Well, if you're running Windows... - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                                 A practical emotional answer to Windows: - (Ashton) - (1)
                                                     Billy doll - (nking)
             Whoa, there. I've lived in the Soviet Union.This is no CCCP. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (4)
                 we are certainly heading there - (boxley) - (3)
                     Huge difference. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                         Dont watch the O'Reilly show much do ya - (boxley) - (1)
                             No way! Really? Another reason NOT to watch :-) -NT - (mmoffitt)

A McFrankenstein creation of various elements not utilized by the home cook.
113 ms