IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New No, no and no
You've already argued that corporations can't pay taxes, because corporations are really the people who are shareholders. So you don't get to argue about what belongs to the banks. The banks are people, remember?

Second, a loan is how a bank invests its money. When I invest in a company and they lose money instead of making it, that loss belongs to me. So if a home that is collateral on a mortgage (investment) loses value, that investment has lost value. That belongs to the bank. "But the mortgage holder owes the bank that money!" So? A balance sheet should reflect what investments are actually worth, not what you think they're suppose to be worth.

Finally, "the only impact that has on the paper in question" is how much it will eventually return. You do realize that's the outcome of the default rate, don't you?
--

Drew
New In a fashion, one of your nos is correct
the banks are a portion of people. Home value (equity) is NOT part of the banking equation...its part of a persons net wealth. Not all of which goes to banks.

If I loan money against a collateral item, my return is NOT the collateral. Its the payments on the loan. I only lose based on the value of the collateral if the payer defaults. So the valuation should NOT be the valuation of the home...its the value of the future payments.

The RISK assigned to that investment is the default rate and that is where the valuation of the cbos is a problem. Because it is discounting these values far above even the most pessimistic default rates.

I will choose a path that's clear. I will choose freewill.
     Companies get more leway in Mark to Market rules - (jay) - (18)
         Re: Companies get more leway in Mark to Market rules - (drook) - (7)
             that part doesnt change - (boxley)
             Net vs Gross - (jay) - (5)
                 Yup, missed the word "net" in there - (drook) - (4)
                     That happens in any technical field - (jay) - (3)
                         Exactly the point I was trying to make - (drook) - (2)
                             Except for the fact that its pretty much dead wrong - (beepster) - (1)
                                 Comedic exaggeration - (jay)
         This was absolutely necessary - (beepster) - (9)
             Kwak's take at BaselineScenario [tyop] - (Another Scott) - (8)
                 What he's not considering - (beepster) - (7)
                     I can play too: How much money did GM lose the last n yrs? - (Another Scott) - (5)
                         How do you know this? - (beepster) - (4)
                             There have been real losses, not just paper losses. - (Another Scott) - (3)
                                 Those home value losses don't belong to the banks. - (beepster) - (2)
                                     No, no and no - (drook) - (1)
                                         In a fashion, one of your nos is correct - (beepster)
                     Bloomberg: GS says FASB won't help bank stocks. - (Another Scott)

All artists are potentially a victim of their desire to be unique.
58 ms