IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New You're gonna have to..
...look in the view>folder options>file types area...find the AudioCD setting and then change the program that starts it back to what you want.

RealOne during installation asks if you want to start "other" streaming and formats with RealOne....what it means is "Do you want every multimedia file on the planet to run under RealOne"

You were born...and so you're free...so Happy Birthday! Laurie Anderson

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New Looks like that might be it
Just tried it. Nope. Still happening. Oh, and I noticed that these settings are on a per-folder bases. So if I happen to be sitting in this folder the extension means this, but if I'm in that folder, it means that. Is this ever useful to anyone?
I can't be a Democrat because I like to spend the money I make.
I can't be a Republican because I like to spend the money I make on drugs and whores.
New Hmmm...maybe they made some adjustments...
...to make Real1 an even bigger pain in the ass than RP8.

Check Task Manager to make sure the tsr is not running. There is an option that starts the player (quicklaunch or some such)...it may be check to see if cahnges are made and then changing them back. There should also be a raft of RealAudio specific settings...one of them might have .cda in there as an extension...in which case it will probably overrided the AudioCD setting.

In the RealAudio preferences you can set it to not start upon startup...whcih should take care of the tsr...maybe it will allow you to undo the cd change...though I doubt it...you could uninstall R1 and reinstall it...and do not accept the popular defaults...;)

New No joy
CDA is already associated with WinAmp. And I just checked the online docs (w2k). The only way they list to disable autoplay is to hold down the shift key while inserting a CD. If I remember right this is the reason several cd changer manufacturers went out of business: every time the changer would cycle the OS would try to auto-start whatever was in the slot.
I can't be a Democrat because I like to spend the money I make.
I can't be a Republican because I like to spend the money I make on drugs and whores.
New Damn...they did make "improvements"
Can't find anything but similar stories on the net...no options to change them back.

If you figure it out...let us know.

New Just a side note.
Chalk one up for weird Windows Doc Bugs...

The "Per folder" association thing IS NOT PER FOLDER.

The "View" tab is indeed "per folder" if you tell it to be, otherwise all changes apply everywhere.

The "File Association" tab is indeed universal. However, some apps have figured out ways to break that association, like the aformentioned RealPlayer, in the ongoing war to get more CPU time and face time.

I, for one, try to avoid realplayer like the plague.
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
     How do you kill RealPlayer autostart? - (drewk) - (17)
         BruteForce: RegEdit, Search, Exe-name, F3, F3, F3, F3, F3... -NT - (CRConrad)
         You're gonna have to.. - (bepatient) - (5)
             Looks like that might be it - (drewk) - (4)
                 Hmmm...maybe they made some adjustments... - (bepatient) - (2)
                     No joy - (drewk) - (1)
                         Damn...they did make "improvements" - (bepatient)
                 Just a side note. - (inthane-chan)
         Standard response... - (Yendor) - (1)
             No no no no no no no no no no - (drewk)
         It must be registered for media types - (nking) - (7)
             Round and round she goes, where she stops ... - (drewk) - (6)
                 Try here - (Silverlock) - (5)
                     Well ... that's a bit more than I wanted to do - (drewk) - (4)
                         I think it's an installation option - (Silverlock) - (2)
                             But ... but ... FBOG - (drewk) - (1)
                                 There's your problem - (Silverlock)
                         Let the Evil Empire do it for you - (nking)

I don't get no respect!
57 ms