IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Ok, the way i differ from them
for example I say that Bush and his administration was responsible for the Sept 11th attacks because they didn't beef up security depite the warnings we got. After that ship was hit with the rubber raft, if I was president, I would have beefed up security right there on military and civilian ships, planes, and other transports in and out of the country. But one of the really mentally ill would say that Bush planned the whole thing, and hid Osama somewhere in the US while using it as an excuse to attack other countries? I say that our lack of security at airports, and lack of security checking H1b and Student Visas also caused this to happen. Am I being crazy, or am I just thinking about what could have caused it?

One lady I had worked with recently at the Helpdesk job told me that she was on duty in the Army and had to stop a teenager from firing at a nuclear missile. The kid had taken his father's ID and gun, drove the jeep past two checkpoints and then came into her area, firing his gun at the missile. Her group she was with had to fire on the kid after they told him to drop the gun and put his hands up. He turned around and fired at them, and they had to fire back, in single shot mode instead of automatic. One bullet hit him in the chest (she said she aimed for his legs and arms, but they don't know who hit the chest) and he had to be taken to the hospital. His father tried to get them courtmarshalled, but they were only following orders. If they let him fire on the missile, it could have blown up and spread radioactive matreial over the town. The people who let the kid pass using his father's ID should have been held responsible for allowing this to happen. They should have noticed how young the kid looked, and stopped him to ask him questions instead of waving him pass. But still what would you do in that situation? The kid apparently was drunk or on drugs, who knows what he was trying to do? Do you shoot the kid, or do you let him have his fun until the bullets are all gone from his gun and hope he doesn't start a nuclear fallout or explosion?

Maybe it is time we stopped pointing fingers and do something about it? But what can we do? Start anti-terrorist watches in our neighborhood?

"Will code Visual BASIC for cash."
New Re: Ok, the way i differ from them
Am I being crazy, or am I just thinking about what could have caused it?

Insanity isn't a black and white line. Rather it is a long spectrum of grey, everybody has some issues that are are irrational about to one degree or another.

Being mentally ill is just having an irrationality of sufficent force and nature that you can't deal with everyday life.

As for saying you would have beefed up security after the attack on the Cole in Yemen, I think your overstating hindsight a bit. But considering the lack of oversight on student visas is a real issue.

Jay
New Visas
Didn't three of the hijackers/terrorists jave Visas either real or stolen or forged?

"Will code Visual BASIC for cash."
     What happened to me - (nking) - (11)
         Sorry to hear that. - (Brandioch) - (1)
             They are helping - (nking)
         Re: What happened to me - (JayMehaffey) - (5)
             So their deductions may be valid but, - (Ashton)
             I can think of a few around here who fit that description... -NT - (ben_tilly)
             Ok, the way i differ from them - (nking) - (2)
                 Re: Ok, the way i differ from them - (JayMehaffey) - (1)
                     Visas - (nking)
         Both sorry and happy to hear... - (tseliot) - (1)
             Thanks for adding those words - (nking)
         Glad you survived - (mhuber)

Hatten ar din, hatten ar din. Hatten ar din, hatt baby!
50 ms