IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New ahem, atmail is linux based :-)
$600 for the software, take the tour
New Understood.
I was thinking about the hardware quoted.

If one is only thinking about using their software, then unless they offer something compelling, it probably makes more sense to go with something with larger market share (to have a better chance of someone being able to understand it).

But, honestly, unless someone is willing to baby sit it for free, it's probably going to cost them some money. I don't think there really are any set-and-forget departmental servers that exist yet. (I certainly could be wrong, though.)

Cheers,
Scott.
New TAKE THE TOUR :-)
you must be in management
If one is only thinking about using their software, then unless they offer something compelling, it probably makes more sense to go with something with larger market share (to have a better chance of someone being able to understand it).
exchange has a large market share, do you know what it costs to get someone who understands it? Atmail has a web interface that is easy to manage. Once you get past all of the arbitrary objections Its New, Small Market Share, How will we find someone to manage it and actually look at the product, you might be surprised. The product itself it a PHP wrapper of Exim Mysql and other standard open source messaging tools. The $600 is for the management interface for ease of use for newbies. EXIM's market share is pretty large.
New :-)
New EXIM is the default
MTA in Debian and many other Distros.

And EXIM is so modular it is scary.
     Welcome Robert - (jbrabeck) - (12)
         Re: Welcome Robert - (Robert) - (8)
             There are such things. - (Andrew Grygus)
             serveri ina box - (boxley) - (6)
                 Looks nice, but I suspect it's too spendy. - (Another Scott) - (5)
                     ahem, atmail is linux based :-) - (boxley) - (4)
                         Understood. - (Another Scott) - (3)
                             TAKE THE TOUR :-) - (boxley) - (2)
                                 :-) -NT - (Another Scott)
                                 EXIM is the default - (folkert)
         Re: Welcome Robert - (Robert) - (2)
             It's apparently not that tough to make a custom live CD. - (Another Scott)
             zimbra 5 is good -NT - (boxley)

Make it so.
50 ms