IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Wow, guess that attitude is set for life, huh?
What's that rule, again?

Anything that existed before you were 15 is how it's always been.

Anything created when you're between 15 and 25 is modern and therefore better.

Anything created when you're between 25 and 35 is new and bears careful attention.

Anything created when you're between 35 and 45 is immature and not to be trusted.

Anything created after you're 45 is recreating the wheel and unnecessary.

So when you were 20 Democrats were the corrupt party, and the Republicans were the party of change. And that's how it's always going to be for you. Even though the Republicans are the ones who created systems 30 years ago to teach their people how to pervert the system.
--

Drew
New nope the democrats are from the big cities in most places
big cities are notoriously corrupt locally, their local politicians run for federal offices. They dont change after they get there. If NYC LA Chicago and philly were republican bastions the republicans would be the party of corruption, not the democrats.
New 30 years ago
the democrats were firmly in charge of congress and had been for years. what systems did republicans create? or did they just learn how to use the ones perfected over the prior 30 years? what's old is new again, and all that.
I will choose a path that's clear. I will choose freewill.
New What systems? You're really saying you don't know?
Start with the Heritage Foundation and American Enterprise Institute and the whole collection of think tanks.

http://forwardameric...-think-tanks.html

Then look at Patrick Henry College, "devoted to spreading its word, spreading its view of the world, and helping to place its students in positions of authority and influence," and Regent University School of Law.

http://www.commondre...nes04/0421-09.htm

http://www.boston.co...stian_law_school/

They don't just run on what they believe in. They build institutions designed to grow the next generation of true believers.
--

Drew
Expand Edited by drook Feb. 19, 2009, 01:39:51 PM EST
New Oh my LORD
they formed a couple of clubs!

Quite the conspiracy

One whole college?!?! Wow.

Bet the Ivy League is in true revolt. And Berkeley enrollment is sure to plummet!
New started at faber 1962 because of the predations of wormer
New Heh.
New Yup, just a couple of clubs
With $multi-million/year budgets, but just clubs.

With detailed, long-range plans to place true believers in positions of power, but just clubs.

Try all you want to make it sound like Our Gang, these aren't just "a couple of clubs".
--

Drew
New Re: Yup, just a couple of clubs
and what would you call Soros and his orgs, or others like the Economic Policy Institute and CLASP?

Or are you so blinded that you think those nasty, evil republicans are the only ones that have organizations built to try and get their own into office?

Do you >really, really< think that? Cause if you do, thats really sad.
New OTOH...
http://www.talkingpo...2009/02/wired.php

Several times over the last few weeks I've said that notwithstanding the last two elections DC remains wired for Republicans. And each time I say that people write in to ask, what does that mean exactly? So here's what I mean. In Washington there's a formal government and a para-government. The formal government itself has all sorts of different layers to it -- the current crop of political appointees, the career employees, etc. But for the moment, let's put everyone who draws a paycheck from the United States government to one side and focus on everyone else.

[...]

Soros doesn't have much sway in the "para-government" as Josh calls it. Groups like the ones Drook cites, do.

Sure, that may change over time and it has been different in the long-ago past. But it doesn't diminish the validity of their points, IMO.

Cheers,
Scott.
New wll after eight years they burrowed in and replaced the demo
technocrats in their place. It takes 2 administrations to root them out.
New Let's see ...
Soros was primarily known as an investor and philanthropist until he started funding anti-Bush initiatives Clearly in response to a specific person.

EPI was formed in 1986. Sounds like enough time to be in response to the conservative think tanks.

The only reference I can find to CLASP that sounds remotely related is the program in Culture, Language, and Social Practice, a graduate certificate program at the University of Colorado at Boulder.

Those are your best counter-examples?
--

Drew
New Re: Let's see ...
Center for Law and Social Policy

and 86 sounds to me an awful lot like when the democrats lost their lock on Washington.

It seems true then, that you believe that only Republicans have an organized interest in seeking political office.

To which I respond simply...wow.
New Do you remember what we're talking about? I do.
Let's take a ride in the wayback machine, all the way to yesterday (I know that's too long to expect unaided memory):
So when you were 20 Democrats were the corrupt party, and the Republicans were the party of change. And that's how it's always going to be for you. Even though the Republicans are the ones who created systems 30 years ago to teach their people how to pervert the system.
The point is that people of a certain age are stuck in a mindset that what was true when they were younger is still true today. No matter that things have completely changed.

To say that, "we expect it of the democrats," or, "If NYC LA Chicago and philly were republican bastions the republicans would be the party of corruption, not the democrats," shows a complete disconnect with the reality of the past decade.
--

Drew
New But they haven't
names and faced may have changed...but pretending, all of a sudden, that only one party has organized to maintain itself in power is naive at best.
New I'm not the one saying "only one party"
Box is the one who said the Democrats are "the party" of corruption. And again, your best defense seems to be, "They're no better." Not an actual defense of the Republican party, just tearing down the Democratic party to the same level.
--

Drew
New Because its appropriate
you went off on a little tangent about how one side has got their "clubs" to maintain and build power as if that was somehow a differentiator.
New Miss the point all you want
Box said the Democrats are "the party of corruption" and that Republicans are not. I said that might have been true once, but no longer is. My point was that his thinking is stuck in the reality of his youth. You haven't said anything yet to refute that.
--

Drew
New No, he simply snipped...
that it was >expected< and you went flying off the handle about how the >repos< created some "top secret system" to pervert politics.
New Where did I imply it was secret?
And when someone writes "the party of corruption" doesn't that imply the other party is not the party of corruption?
--

Drew
New Sloganeering Demands
that all nuance within the English language shall be superseded by (the usual mindless clash of ignorant armies by night. aka blab-words.)

And when you try to drill-down past the meaningless-root, what you find is :
there's an inexhaustible supply of vague innuendo, colinear yet strangely hyperbolic vectors
(while remaining orthogonal to anything Actual on a certain oblate spheroid, hurting through space ... all unconcerned.)

Clearly the Last Eight Years had Nothing To Do with any special, consistently-Awful daily practices of those whose flag has been Repo/forever, those who battered on the glass during the FL vote-recount and whose repetitive chant has Been that premeditated corruption-of-Language-Itself (of which one Geo. Orwell wrote so sententiously.)

ie. Lay on, MacDuff, as the hallowe'ed Market Corrects [a possibly Final-time? This Time??] and as the $T in loot wings its way --> to the Maldives via never-sleeping electronic means (gotta love a Mal- in a place-name) ... all while the rest of the world asks/now practically intones, as they stick pins in the Murica Doll:

Just How Corrupt IS America, Anyway?

..now: On Sale to the Highest Bidder on eTerra!
The place where National Entities are hawked by bid
(or in certain cases there's a Buy It Now sticker)

New I'll stop typing sarcasm
and no, it doesn't.
New Which is why the "Slippery" sign is essential.
Alex
New I did not
the democrats are the party of corrupt machine politics since the last 150 yrs. The republicans are just as corrupt with a powerbase in the business class and finance. You wont find abramoff stuffing blocks of $100 into his freezer, they use financial laundry for that. Perhaps a better phrase, Republicans are corrupt and democrats are petty crooks
New try the last 200 years, you have to take the long view
     I can hear it now - (beepster) - (30)
         it is defferent, we expect it of the democrats -NT - (boxley) - (25)
             Wow, guess that attitude is set for life, huh? - (drook) - (24)
                 nope the democrats are from the big cities in most places - (boxley)
                 30 years ago - (beepster) - (22)
                     What systems? You're really saying you don't know? - (drook) - (21)
                         Oh my LORD - (beepster) - (20)
                             started at faber 1962 because of the predations of wormer -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                                 Heh. -NT - (Another Scott)
                             Yup, just a couple of clubs - (drook) - (17)
                                 Re: Yup, just a couple of clubs - (beepster) - (16)
                                     OTOH... - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                         wll after eight years they burrowed in and replaced the demo - (boxley)
                                     Let's see ... - (drook) - (13)
                                         Re: Let's see ... - (beepster) - (12)
                                             Do you remember what we're talking about? I do. - (drook) - (11)
                                                 But they haven't - (beepster) - (9)
                                                     I'm not the one saying "only one party" - (drook) - (8)
                                                         Because its appropriate - (beepster) - (7)
                                                             Miss the point all you want - (drook) - (6)
                                                                 No, he simply snipped... - (beepster) - (4)
                                                                     Where did I imply it was secret? - (drook) - (3)
                                                                         Sloganeering Demands - (Ashton)
                                                                         I'll stop typing sarcasm - (beepster) - (1)
                                                                             Which is why the "Slippery" sign is essential. -NT - (a6l6e6x)
                                                                 I did not - (boxley)
                                                 try the last 200 years, you have to take the long view -NT - (boxley)
         Not from me. - (a6l6e6x)
         What was that question the Hong Kong guy asked the Murican - (Ashton) - (2)
             yer sig spans this and the last admin :-) -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                 You're required to figure out which aren't imaginaries. -NT - (Ashton)

No. Only those you need.
96 ms