IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New The lesser of two evils is the best we can get
Can you think of any large nation or Empire that has been universally revered for more than a few years at best? I can't. Seems like that any sufficiently large entity whether it be a country, religion, or corporation will end up exploiting/abusing some group at one time or another despite the best of intentions.

IMHO, this is a universal 'Truth' :/
Ray
New But why?
Can you think of any large nation or Empire that has been universally revered for more than a few years at best?
In the past, I can understand why not. The empire grew by conquering (militarily) the vassels.

Do we need to flex our military might in that manner now? Don't we have enough resources within our own country to support ourselves?

Seems like that any sufficiently large entity whether it be a country, religion, or corporation will end up exploiting/abusing some group at one time or another despite the best of intentions.
I can understand corporations. They're in it for the money. Not to further any concept of human rights or freedoms (individuals as 'consumers').

I can also understand religions. Once you have "The Truth", everyone else is either "saved" or "damned".

Countries as well. Of course >YOUR< method of government is "The Best". So exporting that is a "good" thing.

But will we, as a nation, ever look back at how we've treated other people and realize that waht is "best" for us is NOT what is "best" for others? And that the others have as much right to find their own "best" as we did?
New Of course we can reach that realization!
It will come, simply - with maturity.

Now, as to how much longer That will take.. I suppose it depends upon: what it is we like to watch for entertainment. So long as we wallow in the White Hats/Black Hats childhood simplicities all during our 'adult' lives (whether about sex or about world and local politics) ? well, for that long - we remain children.

A sufficiently Large *SHOCK* could do it. Can't guess how that might occur - that's why we call it "a SHOCK!" (9/11 hasn't, apparently - succeeded all by itself.) Oh well.

Ashton
     Why we don't listen when the UN lectures us - (marlowe) - (8)
         Aren't those our allies? - (Brandioch) - (7)
             Wow. You have something vaguely resembling a valid point. - (marlowe) - (6)
                 Actually, it is my old point. - (Brandioch) - (5)
                     Q - (rsf) - (4)
                         Damn. - (Brandioch) - (3)
                             The lesser of two evils is the best we can get - (rsf) - (2)
                                 But why? - (Brandioch) - (1)
                                     Of course we can reach that realization! - (Ashton)

Wanted: Web developer, command line junkie getting his freak on.
127 ms