IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Let's hope it isn't the start of a chain reaction
http://en.wikipedia..../Kessler_Syndrome
New Anyone remember a sci-fi novel where people didn't look up?
There was a brief visit to a planet so completely surrounded by space debris that the stars and sun were not visible. The sky was a constant dusky haze. When the heroes of the book landed, no one saw them until they actually touched down. No one ever thought to look up. It would be like looking down at the ground and expecting to see something under the surface.
--

Drew
New Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
They were in a cosmic dust cloud, and when a spaceship crash landed, they freaked out, since they were sure they were alone.

So they went on a mission to exterminate every form of life in the universe.
New Planet Krikket
The dust cloud was actually the supercomputer Hactar who had been dispersed millions of years before. It was central to the novel Life The Universe And Everything.

Yes, I'm a bit of a HHGTTG geek; why do you ask? :-)

Wade.

"Ah -- I take it the doorbell doesn't work?"
New Different one I read
in which Canada got tired of various star wars schemes that the US and USSR persisted in and used nuke cannons to launch enough garbage into orbit to prevent any kind of space flight or satellites for a few centuries. Minor plot point in the story. Not a particularly memorable story otherwise.
     The improbable happened. - (a6l6e6x) - (7)
         It's a little surprising it isn't more common. - (Another Scott) - (5)
             Let's hope it isn't the start of a chain reaction - (Silverlock) - (4)
                 Anyone remember a sci-fi novel where people didn't look up? - (drook) - (3)
                     Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy - (crazy) - (1)
                         Planet Krikket - (static)
                     Different one I read - (mhuber)
         Great pictorial. Save Hubbell !! - (Ashton)

_ZN4_STL4tanhERKNS_7complexIeEE has been targeted for automatic cpu dispatch.
225 ms