IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Stop imagining my psyche.
(First reply just evanesced.. even after getting its Post# ==> it 'Saved'.. wtf?)

Merely, I am using this likely-trivial 'event' to find out the psyche of This Machine.
Same as when you (well, some of us) get the Factory Manual for a car.
In fact - it Did crash the machine. (And I replaced the seals in my distributor, etc.)

And if Finder is supposed to be a 'file manager' -- I fail (so far) to see why it won't present a box, in all options tried so far, in which I can insert:
/Library/Logs/PanicReporter/2009-02-09-123055.panic

-- I expect it to ask for sudo (apparently) and then
-- Show Me the fucking File!

All sorts of options exist for my making some sense of the 'event', if I really want-to.
(Even the fan-boi mags suggest how Console can be Your Friend, along with Mr. Google. And they're talking to absolute neophytes.)

Maybe I need Rick's actual-File-Manager to do that, but I bloody-well doubt it. Maybe CL will be the only access to the actual File System! given the presumptions about only-GUI users / their Base.

In any event, no paranoia involved. Death to the Uncurious. They are all Bush-league.
If I can't grok enough of the system's normal operations ... I'll have no chance of ever diagnosing something about an abnormal one. That'd be just like walking into a shiny-shiny store and getting a new nb, then finding out It's Got the Vista on it.

(I resolved never to waste the grey-cells, to grok Doze's fluffy-bunny Names. Especially after peering into Extra Pee and its nonsensical menus of Stupid-menus of cutesy process-names.) OTOH, *nix Is parseable and logical. It might even be fun, especially in this incarnation ... because: It Doesn't Piss Me Off.

HTH,

I.

New Shift-Command-G
Type in the path /Library/Logs/PanicReporter.

There's no default application for .panic files, but they're just text and open in TextEdit.
New Thanks - worked
as root. Filed.

Backtrace appears to have nailed the tiny modem or its driver (last 2 dependencies)
com.apple.driver.AppleSM56KUSBModemFamily(1.010)@0x5aea5000 -- to be very very specific, sorta.

(Even if it recurs.. it's borrowed.) Fun.
     iMac panic attack! - (Ashton) - (5)
         Auto-updating... - (static)
         Stop over reacting. - (folkert) - (3)
             Stop imagining my psyche. - (Ashton) - (2)
                 Shift-Command-G - (pwhysall) - (1)
                     Thanks - worked - (Ashton)

Rather in the way of gilding the lily, and not to be encouraged.
61 ms