IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Really hard to bite my tongue here
My instinct is to say, "Sure, but the Republicans keep getting caught diddling the pages." But that's what the Republicans have been doing: Whenever they get caught, try to change the subject to how the Democrats have done something worse.

I hope the Dems don't go down that path.
--

Drew
New not all of them diddle the pages
equal opportunity diddlers, no party hack is immune. Just more amusing when the party on the left is now the party on the right......
New Yup.
Beeps doin' some chain yanking here, but Obama shouldn't have nominated Daschle for this position. The job of making health care in the US more universal is difficult enough without having a proposed leader with such glaring ties to the industry he would be regulating, and his oblivousness to the tax issues.

Cheers,
Scott.
New But ...
... and this was true when Republicans said it about energy ... anyone without ties to the industry won't know enough about it to do anything useful. I would prefer being open about those ties, rather than pretending they don't exist, or don't matter.
--

Drew
New Good point.
But, perhaps an academic, or someone already in HHS as a career civil servant, or someone currently sitting on one of the important committees that oversees it in the House or Senate would have been a better fit. I dunno. (And I honestly don't know enough about Daschle's ties to be irate about it - I'm not.)

Apparently Daschle's still got the opportunity to be Obama's WH adviser on the subject, since that wouldn't need Senate approval.

Of course, one wants someone with expertise in the field to head the agency. But that expertise shouldn't then be used for lobbying purposes, as he apparently did (to at least a small extent).

Cheers,
Scott.
New I would suggest that
"someone already in HHS as a career civil servant" is not who we want as all they know is how to NOT do health care efficiently. The cabinet post should go to an interested outsider without ties to industry.
New Of course I am
I'm just waiting for the uproar to start.

I will choose a path that's clear. I will choose freewill.
     Thats 2 down - (beepster) - (14)
         maybe stevens should ask for a job -NT - (boxley) - (1)
             He could hire their contractors for them:-) -NT - (beepster)
         Really hard to bite my tongue here - (drook) - (6)
             not all of them diddle the pages - (boxley)
             Yup. - (Another Scott) - (4)
                 But ... - (drook) - (2)
                     Good point. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                         I would suggest that - (boxley)
                 Of course I am - (beepster)
         Synchronicity: 'Snark' - new book - (Ashton) - (1)
             Yeah, it's a big problem. - (Another Scott)
         Equal opportunity, as you know. - (Another Scott) - (2)
             Absolutely - (beepster) - (1)
                 We'll see. -NT - (Another Scott)

Grrrr, watch me beat my chest.
66 ms