IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Who wants some hardware?
Cause I got TOO MUCH!

I'm trying to figure how to get rid of it, without just junking it.

I've got scsi hard drives, I've got IDE hard drives (few 200s, couple 600s, most are 1-4G). I've got motherboards, CPUs, CPUs, CPUs.

Exabyte 8505 tape drive. DAT 4mm DDS-2 tape drive, 2 DDS in nice external cases.... Exabyte 8200 in a case that's shielded against 50 MTon atomic weapons (and unused before I bought it, used 2-3 times since).

Token-Ring equipment - 110 pound 486/50 server (12 MCA slots! 6 TR cards!)

ETHERNET, ETHERNET, ETHERNET!

Anybody need anything? :)

I'm considering getting a bunch of stuff into a box, taking it to work, and in the morning meeting telling people "$5, and you get the box".

Addison
New I've needed a tapedrive for a while...
Regards,

-scott anderson
New If you've got 'em...
... I could use a Pentium MB with built-in I/O (IDE, etc.), with or without a CPU. All I need is something that'll take a P75 to P233. One, two, however many you want to unload.

If you have a more detailed list, send me email. There might be something else I could use.
New Would it withstand *less* than 50 MTon?
This is my sig. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
New What exactly do you have and how much for sale?
I have an AMD K6-2 400Mhz CPU and a bad motherboard. I would need an AT or Baby AT super socket 7 motherboard if you have one. I was going to buy one from ComputerGeeks, but they sold out. :(

Everyone else wants $60 to $80 for a new one, and I cannot find any used or refurbrished ones.

This is for a system for my son.

Also one of the mutli-giged IDE hard drives would be nice.

Let me know what price and how you would accept payment (money order, check, Paypal, etc.)

With those SCSI hard drives, what kind of controllers do you have with them, or just the drives? I got a Linux box I want to build and I have a 2G Differential SCSI drive with no Differential SCSI controller. I could use one of your SCSI drives if you have a controller that will work with Linux, ISA or PCI I am not picky. A tape drive would be nice as well.

Thanks.

"I can see if I want anything done right around here, I'll have to do it myself!"*nbsp; Moe Howard

New Dunno.
I'll have to get an inventory up, and I don't know what I'd ask. Not a lot, probably just something to get some pizza . :)

Try here for your motherboard:
[link|http://www.comp-recycle.com/cgi-local/auction.cgi?mbd|http://www.comp-rec...tion.cgi?mbd]

I've got 1 for sure, but it has to be left on all the time (the batteries keep running down).

There's another place that I saw the other day...Looking around, found this:

[link|http://www.softwareandstuff.com/h_comp_pm840mb.html|http://www.software...pm840mb.html]

So, let me get a inventory together, and see if we (everybody) can't come to an accomodation of some sort...

Addison
New Thanks for the links
It looks like the auctions don't have what I want and seem to be high priced on some of the items. The $30 motherboard you listed on the other site, only goes up to 200Mhz and doesn't support the 400Mhz AMD K6-2 chip. I'll keep on looking. Thanks.

You said that some of your CPUs are AMD, that sounds good. That means that if you have a motherboard, it might support a K6-2 400Mhz CPU?

"I can see if I want anything done right around here, I'll have to do it myself!"  Moe Howard

New Check out the documentation.
Most of the time its still (somewhere) on manufacturer's sites.

The motherboard I have *might* go to 400 - I'd suspect that they will, because its really a matter of what the clock multiplier is. Most (if you do the math) can go much higher than they say in the manual (with the settings already given to you). Breaking out the calulator and taking the DIP/jumper settings raw, many times you could go "higher".

Might also want to check out Yahoo! auctions.

Addison
New Hhmmmmmm, tempting
$5 for a whole box of stuff? Throw in the IDE drives, the SCSI drives, the Ethernet cards, motherboards, CPUs, Tape Drives, you can keep the Token Ring stuff and MCA based 486 box. I'll gladly give you $5 for that stuff to take it off your hands, provided you can ship it to me.

There is a local "Star Trek" fan club that wants me to help throw a "LAN Party" so they can play video games with each other on a network at someone's house. I can give them each an Ethernet card and link them up in a TCP/IP network. Starfleet Command, Doom 2, etc for everyone. :)

"I can see if I want anything done right around here, I'll have to do it myself!"  Moe Howard

New I'd love a tape drive
DDS-3 or 2 by preference, but I hesitate to think of the carriage costs transatlantic!
qts
New Yamaha 500 carb from India $21.00
took 2 weeks.
thanx,
bill
Our bureaucracy and our laws have turned the world into a clean, safe work camp. We are raising a nation of slaves.
Chuck Palahniuk
New IDE drives? PCI Video?
Just what do you have in IDE drives? I've got a SCSI PC I'd like to revert to IDE so I can remove the two extra fans. 1Gb sounds nice. So does 4Gb.

Also, do you happen to have any fairly mainstream PCI video cards? Like a Millenium II or something not too shitty from S3 or ATI? (The same PC has a Hercules Stingray and the XFree drivers in RH7.1 are not best pleased with it and dont't usually initialize the card quite right.)

Also, what's the shipping like to Sydney, Australia? I'll pay for that for anything I'm interested in.

Wade.

"All around me are nothing but fakes
Come with me on the biggest fake of all!"

New I do.
PII chip...any speed.

Any hd bigger than 4 gig

4 2g hard drives

any PCI video better than 2m on card memory.

pci ethernet cards (at least 6)

So...I'd love that box...and I'd even pay the UPS bill to have it sent to me...plus yer 5 bucks

Um...er...well...

I have no choice!

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New Could do some of that...
PII? Piffle. You should know better. :)

I do have a P75, but that wasn't mine, got it from Ben K. Everything else is Cyrix (M2 200), or AMD (a few).

Bigger than 4G hds ... only got 1, and its got RH 7.1 in the prod box. :)

PCI ethernet, I'll have to look. I've got an assortment of stuff.

I think I'll need to inventory and post that. :)

That might take a few days. :)

Addison
     Who wants some hardware? - (addison) - (13)
         I've needed a tapedrive for a while... -NT - (admin)
         If you've got 'em... - (n3jja)
         Would it withstand *less* than 50 MTon? -NT - (drewk)
         What exactly do you have and how much for sale? - (orion) - (3)
             Dunno. - (addison) - (2)
                 Thanks for the links - (orion) - (1)
                     Check out the documentation. - (addison)
         Hhmmmmmm, tempting - (orion)
         I'd love a tape drive - (qstephens) - (1)
             Yamaha 500 carb from India $21.00 - (boxley)
         IDE drives? PCI Video? - (static)
         I do. - (bepatient) - (1)
             Could do some of that... - (addison)

Oh, you've got an umbrella. You've got a purse.
92 ms