Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Now: two standards; future: two standards - no fragmentation
--

Drew
New Not how it works
fighting to grant an exemption for CA.

Other states are working on "similar" proposals. Some others my have "slightly different, but still stricter than fed so they pass (precedent..wonderful thing to set)

Soon you end up with 45 different standards.

http://www.ombwatch....5/1/378?TopicID=1
I will choose a path that's clear. I will choose freewill.
New "Similar Legislation" != "Similar Standards"
As Drew said, there are only 2 standards. The implementing legislation would naturally be different for the different states (they can't just Xerox the California law).

You're wrong on this, Beep.

HTH!

Cheers,
Scott.
New Of course I am
I will choose a path that's clear. I will choose freewill.
New The obdurate path is never an easy one..
     gore is in DC again - (boxley) - (79)
         Re: gore is in DC again - (beepster) - (78)
             Nah! Other states would parrot California. - (a6l6e6x)
             disagree california is the 8th largest economy in the world - (boxley)
             you can't really believe this - (rcareaga) - (75)
                 What's not to believe - (beepster) - (74)
                     You apparently don't understand the law in this case. - (Another Scott) - (70)
                         I understand. - (beepster) - (69)
                             If wishes were horses... - (Another Scott) - (61)
                                 Settled law is only settled until its changed. - (beepster) - (60)
                                     So everything not prohibited should be required? -NT - (drook) - (59)
                                         ? - (beepster) - (58)
                                             Don't know what point you were trying to make - (drook) - (57)
                                                 Lead - (beepster) - (5)
                                                     Now: two standards; future: two standards - no fragmentation -NT - (drook) - (4)
                                                         Not how it works - (beepster) - (3)
                                                             "Similar Legislation" != "Similar Standards" - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                                                 Of course I am -NT - (beepster) - (1)
                                                                     The obdurate path is never an easy one.. -NT - (Ashton)
                                                 Les'see - where does BeeP usually stand on "State's Rights"? - (CRConrad) - (50)
                                                     National versus State versus Local - (beepster) - (48)
                                                         But with gas, don't we *need* different formulations? - (drook) - (8)
                                                             That's what I'm saying - (beepster) - (7)
                                                                 Okay - (drook) - (6)
                                                                     sigh - (beepster) - (4)
                                                                         Not invention, logical extension -NT - (drook) - (3)
                                                                             Who's logic? - (beepster) - (2)
                                                                                 Power comes from the # of dollars, not the margins. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                                                     I don't think so - (beepster)
                                                                     part of the problem we had in atlanta was the lack of - (boxley)
                                                         Didn't hear you harping on Bush for this, though. - (CRConrad) - (38)
                                                             sigh redux -NT - (beepster) - (37)
                                                                 Yes, I guess sigh is all you can do - not having any answer. -NT - (CRConrad) - (36)
                                                                     Sure I have one - (beepster) - (35)
                                                                         Here's the problem with the way you present your agruments - (drook) - (34)
                                                                             But I think his point is... - (folkert)
                                                                             Bwah ha ha ha - (beepster) - (32)
                                                                                 You're conflating things again... - (Another Scott) - (9)
                                                                                     Am I. - (beepster) - (8)
                                                                                         the stimulus to you and I was not a mistake - (boxley)
                                                                                         Black or white, again ... strawman much? - (drook) - (5)
                                                                                             Excuse me? - (beepster) - (4)
                                                                                                 What did you mean by strings, then? - (drook) - (3)
                                                                                                     Your point? - (beepster) - (2)
                                                                                                         Thought it was obvious, but okay - (drook) - (1)
                                                                                                             Block grants happen all the time - (beepster)
                                                                                         Year by year, you sound more and more like... - (CRConrad)
                                                                                 That's not a problem with government per se - (jake123) - (2)
                                                                                     Double edge on healthcare. - (beepster) - (1)
                                                                                         get rid of the last 8 months of life would slice our - (boxley)
                                                                                 Wait, Greg was right, that *is* your point? - (drook) - (18)
                                                                                     Can't or won't? - (beepster) - (17)
                                                                                         Right - (drook) - (16)
                                                                                             Sure I do. - (beepster) - (15)
                                                                                                 Repairing the National Mall is infrastructure... - (Another Scott) - (13)
                                                                                                     Re: Repairing the National Mall is infrastructure... - (beepster) - (12)
                                                                                                         Some of them screamed about everything, at various points. - (Another Scott) - (11)
                                                                                                             His plan was garbage too - (beepster) - (10)
                                                                                                                 You're not paying attention. See HR 1 preamble text again. -NT - (Another Scott) - (9)
                                                                                                                     Re: You're not paying attention. See HR 1 preamble text aga - (beepster) - (8)
                                                                                                                         Eh? - (Another Scott) - (7)
                                                                                                                             75% spend within 18 months. - (beepster) - (6)
                                                                                                                                 More words, please. - (Another Scott) - (5)
                                                                                                                                     Re: More words, please. - (beepster) - (4)
                                                                                                                                         :-) -NT - (boxley)
                                                                                                                                         That's a number proposed by a citizen on a web page. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                                                                                                                             Thanks for weasel wording for him. -NT - (beepster) - (1)
                                                                                                                                                 Thought the weasel was the Patron Saint of Reactionaries :-0 -NT - (Ashton)
                                                                                                 Right, again - (drook)
                                                     Now, now -- it's hard to be an Ayn-Marxist - (Ashton)
                             There should be a number of gasoline mixes . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (6)
                                 and grousing from buyers - (beepster)
                                 You're talking about practical reasons for different mixes. - (static)
                                 hows that groundwater poisoning working out? -NT - (boxley) - (3)
                                     Stupidity re chemistry goes with general dumbth. Move, then? -NT - (Ashton) - (2)
                                         dont let science and mtbe get in your way -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                                             Don't let snide intransigence get in yours :-0 -NT - (Ashton)
                     You're aware that the "boutique" fuel problem was addressed? - (Another Scott) - (2)
                         That can't be true - (drook) - (1)
                             and... *AND* - (folkert)

Plan B, we'll retreat to the rave-cave and hope our tribal beats and epiliptic movements will cause the machines to commit suicide due to sheer irritation.
156 ms