IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I don't think it's a problem
My Linux desktop users are totally unaware multiple desktops exist. It's staring them in the face, but so powerful is the Windows paradigm, they haven't noticed.
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
New Amiga Desktop Nostalgia
I liked the way AmigaOS did multiple desktops the best - most likely because that's the first time I was exposed to them.

To (try and) keep it short: Just like ~every window has a title bar, so did the whole screen. If you had another desktop (Public Screen, in Amigaspeak) you could just click the 'to back' widget and send your current screen to the back, bringing the next screen in the sequence to come to the front. Or even betterer - a small utility installed whereby you hold the left mouse button on the title bar, and then right-click to cycle through the screens.

The *really* cool bit was that you could drag the title bar down, and so have one whole screen sitting behind the other one, even if they were different resolutions and colour depths.

*Meerkat goes all misty-eyed for the (g)olden Amiga days*

ObAmigaZealotAddition: "And all this on 7MHz and 1MB RAM. Can't do that on these new fangled machines, sonny!"
On and on and on and on,
and on and on and on goes John.
New Amiga Desktops
Yes, they operated like sheets of paper, you could drag one desktop down and peek at the desktop behind it. Even programs worked this way, you could pull down "Defender Of The Crown" or any other full screen Window and see the Workbench Desktop behind it. Pretty spiffy for control freeks and people who want the OS to work like that.

"Will code Visual BASIC for cash."
     Lycoris Linux Meta-Review - (pwhysall) - (6)
         I guess I shouldn't be surprised. - (static) - (1)
             I admit - (pwhysall)
         Multiple desktops... - (admin) - (3)
             I don't think it's a problem - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
                 Amiga Desktop Nostalgia - (Meerkat) - (1)
                     Amiga Desktops - (nking)

Sex.
68 ms