IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New No, but I *watch* a lot of it
Really it's just all about preparation. I'd only made that pie three times before. (The third one was the finished one we brought out on the show.) But I knew about how long each step took. I knew where I had to be in the process when the segment started, and kept an eye on the floor manager for time cues. I saw the two-minute warning and sped up on the mixing. Robin was really good about letting me interrupt her to keep it moving.

All the dialog was stuff I had rehearsed in my head a hundred times, or written about here and on the blog. I had enough material front-of-mind to do a half-hour without having to improvise much.

The only thing that sort of surprised me was the reaction to where I got the cover photo. I thought it was mildly interesting, they thought it was hilarious. Okay, that's fine with me.

The thing you can't tell looking at the footage is that I didn't have any butter when the show started. That and the pan to make the double boiler got left in my kitchen. They fortunately had a frying pan that was small enough to work, barely. And while Robin was doing the intro my wife was frantically running around the station checking refrigerators for butter. She found a tub -- real butter, not margarine, yay! -- and gave it to me during the first segment.

I owe someone a tub of butter. I'll bring it next time I do the show. :-)
--

Drew
New "I don't know. They live on the Internet." - Too cool! :-)
     Anyone we know going to be on TV? - (folkert) - (16)
         Woot!!! -NT - (Another Scott)
         Could be Queensland tourism - (drook)
         All right, Drew! -NT - (a6l6e6x)
         Just did the show - (drook) - (12)
             You were very good! - (beepster)
             Nice job! You're a natural. -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (3)
                 Thanks both, and a question - (drook) - (2)
                     The sound was quite low! -NT - (a6l6e6x)
                     Sound was bad. -NT - (beepster)
             great job! sound does suck :-( - (boxley) - (1)
                 Okay, now that I know it's not just mine ... - (drook)
             Excellent! - (Another Scott)
             Keep doing it JUST THAT WAY! - (folkert)
             Wow, you've done TV before, right? Looks like it! -NT - (Meerkat) - (2)
                 No, but I *watch* a lot of it - (drook) - (1)
                     "I don't know. They live on the Internet." - Too cool! :-) -NT - (CRConrad)

It squealed like Steve Ballmer on a canoe trip, unexpectedly pressed into entertaining hillbillies.
74 ms