IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Circuit City goes to liquidators
http://www.cnbc.com/id/28691870
Circuit City Stores, the nation's second-biggest consumer electronics retailer, reached an agreement with liquidators on Friday to sell the merchandise in its 567 U.S. stores after failing to find a buyer or a refinancing deal.

Not unexpected, in fact, no major chain that has filed Chapter 11 since January 2008 has avoid liquidation. Right now it is hard to get loans for successful businesses, trying for risky speculative buy outs is nearly impossible.

Jay
New Re: Circuit City goes to liquidators
SCO is now in its second year of Bankruptcy...

and they are still trying to figure out how to keep the lawsuit going.
New And this may bring down others . . .
. . just as the pre-Christmas liquidation of Linens and Things starved their former competitors.
New Very possibly
I know I'll be stopping by the liquidation to see what the deals are. To a certain extent, that will keep me from going to any other electronics store.

It won't cost them a lot from me personally, since I don't buy movies, not that many games, few music CDs, very little electronics and only buy computer parts when I need something right now. But the accumulated effect across a lot of customers could be big.

In any case, I don't think it will take them to March to liquidate though. The Circuit City here is pretty thread bare anyway, it's been obvious since then went Chapter 11 that suppliers where pulling out or limiting what they had. I'll stop in and check out the sales a couple of times, but that is only because I drive by a couple of times a week anyway.

It's been my experience that there are two good times to check out liquidation sales. Right at the start, when they still have the good stuff, and right at the end when the prices are really discounted. But you have to have a good idea about the prices, at the start the 10% off prices are often more then you could buy the item elsewhere.

Jay
New That's what keeps me away from liquidations
I don't know what the "regular" price is for stuff, so I wouldn't recognize a good deal. When I need something I research it, find the one I want, the best price, and buy it. Then I'm done looking. You need to care about the hardware for its own sake to really keep up with prices all the time. That or do it as part of your job.
--

Drew
New Circuit City reaching the end
The discount is up to 30% to 50%, they are selling the store furniture and they are putting whatever junk they find in the back out front. That means the liquidation is entering it's final phase. I just did a loop of all the local Circuit Cities to see if I could find a good deal on a big screen TV. Ended up getting an 42LG50 at 30% off, which finally made it cheaper then I could get it online.

The discount has some odd exceptions, they still trying to push computers at 10% off. Which makes them still grossly overpriced.

Some of the junk they are pushing now is amusing. The local Warminster store has some HD DVD units they are trying to find a sucker for. The next one over had a huge pile of odd cables and connectors they where putting in plastic bags.

If your looking for a big screen TV though, all three of the stores I went in still had some good ones and since they finally reached a good price, now is the time to strike.

Jay
New I've picked up a few things from them
Onkyo AV system - 50% less than Amazon pricing.
Bunches of blurays.
     Business bankruptcies kick off new year - (jay) - (7)
         Circuit City goes to liquidators - (jay) - (6)
             Re: Circuit City goes to liquidators - (folkert)
             And this may bring down others . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
                 Very possibly - (jay) - (1)
                     That's what keeps me away from liquidations - (drook)
             Circuit City reaching the end - (jay) - (1)
                 I've picked up a few things from them - (crazy)

Ashton'd best cease derision; egregious fumblings garner hatred in judgemental klans. Lest matters natter on (precipitating quagmires), raconteur Scott transliterates umpteen verbs. Wordwright Xanadu, your zIWETHEY. Accordingly, blithely calling due eclectic, freewheeling games heedlessly invites jabber. Kenning LRPD meanings necessitates occasional, personal, quiet ruminations. Such thoughts unleash virtually wanton xenophilic yearnings: Zen Achieved.
135 ms