IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Some West Wing questions...
...I'm just jumping into the show, watched my first episode, the one shown last night.

Some quick questions:

What was the scandal that tarnished the Prez's image? A Clintonesque affair? Something else?

The partially balding guy playing chess in the office - was that the Prez's shrink?

What's the deal with his dad, anyways?
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
New Did the bald guy have a beard and dark hair (what's left)?
If so, then it was probably his old campaign manager / now some kind of chief political advisor. (If they haven't changed the cast of characters too much from the first season, which I think is all I've seen.)

The scandal was probably that he has some serious potentially debilitating disease (MS or something -- yes, those are indeed the initials of a disease...) and didn't tell the public about it in his campaign. IIRC, he had his wife, Mrs Dr Bartlett, medicate him in secret.

Can't remember about the father (he was a teacher, or the headmaster, at the school Bartlett went to as a kid, IIRC).
   Christian R. Conrad
Of course, who am I to point fingers? I'm in the "Information Technology" business, prima facia evidence that there's bats in the bell tower.
-- [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=27764|Andrew Grygus]
New Yup, that's the guy.
Spent part of last night playing chess with the Prez. Also told the Prez. that his father was an idiot, only to get shouted down by the same. :)
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
New Here's a continuity guide.
I only catch the show on occasion, maybe [link|http://westwing.bewarne.com/|this] will help. Don't know if it will answer your questions easily.

With this much manure around, there must be a pony somewhere.
New Zactly what I was looking for. :)
I was planning to sit down with Google, but the IGM saved me again!
New Yep. I like that guy.
What was his name? Frank Google?
With this much manure around, there must be a pony somewhere.
New re the father.
In an early episode about The Pres' youth - and also about the woman who was his secty at White House (til she was killed in an auto accident - coming home in her first new car = Bummer :(

there was a run-in with Dad (chief honcho at the school) re the disparity between women's salaries and men's - for equal work. Father portrayed as unlovely pedant. Early morality (?) training. This set the stage for the character of The Pres (and this woman as, periodic 'conscience pricker'?) - and the gulf between the father (boo!) and son.

Seemed an insoluble personality clash - guess it was. I didn't notice, before this last episode - all that many refs to his father (as some regular theme).. but I could have missed them. The action gets kinda frenetic, perhaps to mimic the 24/7 crowd (?) Sometimes I find the repartee a bit Too glib.. nobody's 'ON' 100% of the time..

Ashton
New Answers from the junkie
What was the scandal that tarnished the Prez's image? A Clintonesque affair? Something else?

Like Christian[?] said, he has MS and didn't disclose it. His wife (a doctor) medicated him. Biggest problem was that she signed their daughter's college admissions papers, which included a family medical history that didn't disclose it. The president accepted a deal whereby he was censured in exchange for his wife not being prosecuted for administering drugs without a prescription.

The partially balding guy playing chess in the office - was that the Prez's shrink?

That's Toby, the communications director. A couple of episodes ago, he disagreed with the way the president handled a particular issue at a press conference. He accused him of pandering to the electorate in a desparate attempt to be liked. The quote was something like, "Your father beat you, didn't he? And you always suspected he didn't like you? Well getting the American people to like you won't change that." The president was, shall we say, not amused by the theory. And couldn't sleep for four days afterwards.

What's the deal with his dad, anyways?

The deal is that Toby is right: the prez's father didn't like him, and did beat him, because he supported women's pay equality at the school where dad was the headmaster (among other things).

[/brain_dump]
I can't be a Democrat because I like to spend the money I make.
I can't be a Republican because I like to spend the money I make on drugs and whores.
New Still makes me sad; she just bought a new car n'everything..
     Some West Wing questions... - (inthane-chan) - (8)
         Did the bald guy have a beard and dark hair (what's left)? - (CRConrad) - (1)
             Yup, that's the guy. - (inthane-chan)
         Here's a continuity guide. - (Silverlock) - (2)
             Zactly what I was looking for. :) - (inthane-chan) - (1)
                 Yep. I like that guy. - (Silverlock)
         re the father. - (Ashton)
         Answers from the junkie - (drewk) - (1)
             Still makes me sad; she just bought a new car n'everything.. -NT - (CRConrad)

You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with until you understand who's in ruttin' command here.
72 ms