IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I eat all cookies
I enable or disable javascript on a per site basis though, for speed.
New Manual recognition
Like Wade, I perform manual recognition of all cookies. I can recognize standard libraries based on their cookie names, and see who's using external ad servers and/or Google Analytics. That's with Firefox.

Safari, however, has a neat little option for cookie acceptance that's labeled "Accept cookies only from sites you navigate to (for example, not from advertisers on those sites.)" What a novel concept. This option is selected, and I now use Safari for most of my browsing. I don't get annoyed by FF popups on all sites, and I don't get cookies from sitemeter or doubleclick or whatnot. Le woo.
-Mike

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin, 1759 Historical Review of Pennsylvania
New That sounds like Opera's option.
I have it set by default to "Accept cookies only from the site I visit". However, this is stricter than FireFox's definition of "No third-party cookies". How, I don't know. This is a known problem on the Opera forums, but I tend to agree with Opera's definition.

It does cause problems, though. Probably one of the biggest ones is that Ebay uses PayPal's Omniture cookies to pass your session over when paying. Very very sneaky and I'd be surprised if Opera hadn't already contacted both companies about this abuse of "third-party" cookies. Fortunately, you only have to let them in once and it will work until you throw away the PayPal cookies. Took me a while to figure that one out.

Wade.
     Browser cookies. - (static) - (5)
         I eat all cookies - (crazy) - (2)
             Manual recognition - (mvitale) - (1)
                 That sounds like Opera's option. - (static)
         Perhaps I don't pay as much attention as I should. - (Another Scott)
         let the cookies in and clear data often -NT - (boxley)

One... two... FIVE!
53 ms