IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New How long has it been failing?
It really does sound like Windows has got its knickers in a knot for no good reason - it should fix itself in a day or so, though with Windows 95 you may have to nuke and then rebuild the networking stack. Though I aill admit I'm a bit concerned as to why all the machines are failing. Yes, comparing the two Samba settings and files would be a good thing.

Wade.

"All around me are nothing but fakes
Come with me on the biggest fake of all!"

New Two weeks now.....
Compared Samba files. Switched main server from master browser YES to NO. Same for any setting that would indicate preference for main. Then set preferences on firewall to yes. Still nothing.

Added a new computer to the network last night (Win98). Connected to main server without a problem, Network is busy when attempting to connect to the firewall server.

All computers can get to the internet through the firewall server, just cannot access any files on the server. I can telnet into the firewall server.

My guesses.....

Since everyone can access the internet through the firewall server, and I can telnet into the firewall server, the problem cannot be the NIC (mb built in)

Since it happens with each ws, it's not the ws config.

Since other servers on the hub are accessible, it's not the wiring.

Which just leaves the firewall server, but where????

Joe
     "Network is busy" --- Help! - (jbrabeck) - (5)
         SMB Problem. - (static) - (3)
             Re: SMB Problem. - (jbrabeck) - (2)
                 How long has it been failing? - (static) - (1)
                     Two weeks now..... - (jbrabeck)
         Got it back up and running. - (jbrabeck)

Is this thing on?
50 ms