IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Like I said...
... do we need to list out all the types of knives you aren't supposed to stick people with?
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
New Re: Like I said...
We can define stabbing and that would cover all instruments used to penetrate the body
I understand that

I might be able to understand a self-updating list of banned substances that says that anything like these on the list are also banned

I still don't accept issuing a list and then not following it
especially in the case of the Spanish skier who got to keep 2 golds and lost one (does anyone think he got on the drug after the first 2 golds?)

A
Play I Some Music w/ Papa Andy
Saturday 8 PM - 11 PM ET
All Night Rewind 11 PM - 5 PM
Reggae, African and Caribbean Music
[link|http://wxxe.org|http://wxxe.org]
New This is how it goes....
I might be able to understand a self-updating list of banned substances that says that anything like these on the list are also banned

This is such a list. The drug in question, while just developed last October, and while not specifically on the IOC's list of banned substances by name, was covered under the "thou shalt not use hemoglobin-enhancing drugs" clause of the IOC's drug list.

I still don't accept issuing a list and then not following it

It was followed.

especially in the case of the Spanish skier who got to keep 2 golds and lost one (does anyone think he got on the drug after the first 2 golds?)

AIUI, Olympic athletes are tested after every event. What they're effectively saying here is that said skier passed 2 drug tests and then failed the third. So, since he was clean, there's no tarnish on those.

Does anyone thing he got on the drug after the first 2? Entirely possible. Maybe he figured that the enhanced hemoglobin levels in question wouldn't show up "so soon" on his third dip. Maybe he got cocky, and figured he could beat the system. Maybe he got tired from the altitude and thought he needed the drugs. Who knows?

Maybe he was clean and got a bad drug test.
-YendorMike

Real programmers use "vi a.out".
New He was thinking of hemoglobin?
Does anyone thing he got on the drug after the first 2? Entirely possible. Maybe he figured that the enhanced hemoglobin levels in question wouldn't show up "so soon" on his third dip. Maybe he got cocky, and figured he could beat the system. Maybe he got tired from the altitude and thought he needed the drugs. Who knows?

I doubt he was thinking of hemoglobin counts, and he probably thought a pill not on the proscribed list was OK, or at least would slip through the cracks.
Where each demon is slain, more hate is raised, yet hate unchecked also multiplies. - L. E. Modesitt
     Olympic question - (andread) - (6)
         It was prohibited. - (admin) - (5)
             Re: It was prohibited. - (andread) - (4)
                 Like I said... - (admin) - (3)
                     Re: Like I said... - (andread) - (2)
                         This is how it goes.... - (Yendor) - (1)
                             He was thinking of hemoglobin? - (wharris2)

Do you believe everything you read on the radio?
39 ms