IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New A poke in the ribs
Something I've been doing a lot lately is assessing the muscles on the sides of people's ribcage.

None so far have complained that I caused them pain, but quite a few say I've revealed it. A substantial number go "wow - I didn't realize I was sore there!" One person mentioned the pain before I got to it.

I ruined a twice-a-week regular client a few weeks back. The pain that she had learned to ignore and then forgotten about was preventing her from taking a decent breath or sleeping through the night. A good jab in the ribs revealed and then took care of the pain, and now she only needs me to work on her a couple of times a month. OK, it was about a long, slow jab in the ribs. But the treatment was absurdly simple and the change is weird. Like she's a whole other person, a slower, saner (very relative term), happier person, now that she's breathing deep and sleeping long.

The stuff she was coping with was trivial, Laura, your's was major. Enjoy what you had forgotten, what not-pain feels like. Fantastic. I'm thrilled just hearing about it in somebody who I've never met.

New Speaking of sleep
It's amazing how many maladies lack of sleep can cause.

I'm going in for a sleep study very soon. Hopefully they'll find something worthwhile.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New What type of mattress do you have?
I spent years not really asleep, on both regular and water beds. If I was TOTALLY wiped, I'd sleep, but that was about it.

Then I got a tempurpedic mattress. The difference is incredible. Perfect support on all aspects of my body, good temp control. I stopped rolling looking for a comfy position, simply falling back was good enough, and sleep is easy. No more generalised body pain in the morning.
New very thin futon pad on hardwood floor
in a regular bed after 4 days Im crippled
New But, I have all that . . .
. . with my 40 year old water bed.
New I thought I did
but I was wrong. I've been sleeping on waterbeds for the most part for the last 30 years.

Initial feel is good, warm, supportive, but:

My hips and lower back start to fall apart, there is not enough support as compared to the rest of me, and I end up tossing and turning after about 20 minutes.
New No problems like that here.
When I first got it I had a slight bit of pain from a formerly cracked rib but that adjusted within a week.

Of course I get (very mild) lower back pain around 10 hours in any bed - but it's very rare I get to stay in bed that long.
New That's another thing I'm going to work on
Dunno about a Tempurpedic, though. That's a lot of money to spend to find out it makes my back hurt (like happened to someone I know).
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New If ya can stand feathers, a feather bed might be worth a try
They can be very comfortable, but I personally don't like being constrained like that when I sleep. I don't think I'd like a Tempurpedic for that reason.

Good luck.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Compare body types
Bman HATES them, but then again, he believes he slept on one in a hotel.
How do we know he really did, or one of the cheap rip-offs?
And if it was, maybe it is related to size and body type?
Either way, go hang out at a store for a couple of hours.
Kick back, read a book, relax.
But give it a while, it is worth it to find out whether is suits you.
New Thank you!
I had a massage today, btw. A coworker who is a nurse and massage therapist came over and he really worked on my back and neck. Oh my gosh, it was good!

Did I mention that I'm learning reiki? My Shaman teacher is also a reiki master. It is very cool stuff.
     State of things - (laura) - (30)
         now we just need to get your but dancing :-) -NT - (boxley) - (2)
             Baby steps - (laura) - (1)
                 Then on to the hand jive, baby! -NT - (beepster)
         SAHHH-WHEEET!!! - (beepster)
         That's excellent news, Laura! - (jake123)
         Oh, that's awesome! - (malraux) - (14)
             You know, you're right about that. - (laura) - (13)
                 True dat - (drook) - (1)
                     Don't forget - (crazy)
                 A poke in the ribs - (mhuber) - (10)
                     Speaking of sleep - (malraux) - (8)
                         What type of mattress do you have? - (crazy) - (7)
                             very thin futon pad on hardwood floor - (boxley)
                             But, I have all that . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
                                 I thought I did - (crazy) - (1)
                                     No problems like that here. - (Andrew Grygus)
                             That's another thing I'm going to work on - (malraux) - (2)
                                 If ya can stand feathers, a feather bed might be worth a try - (Another Scott)
                                 Compare body types - (crazy)
                     Thank you! - (laura)
         Excellent, Smithers! - (mvitale)
         Wonderful news, Laura! - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
             Yes... Cthulhu save! - (folkert)
         Good to know you aren't kicking the bukkitt. -NT - (folkert)
         Bitchin news! - (Ashton)
         Woo, I say. Woo and Yay. - (rcareaga)
         Best news in ages! - (hnick)
         Excellent! Thanks! Take care of yourself. :-) -NT - (Another Scott)
         Woo Freakin' Hoooooooooooo - (mhuber)
         You have a talent for making me happy, you do... - (Meerkat)

A user complaining that Facebook doesn't work well is like a cow complaining that the slaughterhouse doesn't work well.
124 ms